Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Brian
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Saturday everyone!

I just purchased a new 2012 PMM V6 EX-L 6 speed Accord coupe, and I'm super stoked about it. It's bone stock for now but I took off the 'Accord' and 'V6' emblems while I was taking off the dealer emblem (yuck) haha. Also I ordered a new trunklight/license plate light thing because the yellowish light wasn't cutting it for me, got a link from here for a true white one so hopefully that'll look nicer. And I also placed an order for a Takeda SRI; I had a K&N in my last car (8th gen civic) but after reading some posts on here about the differences decided to go with Takeda.

Next I'm thinking about ordering a throttle body spacer and a pulley, either stock width or underdrive, not sure which yet. I don't really know the purpose of the throttle body spacer, I tried to do some research but didn't find anything that made much sense -- also do I need a throttle body gasket? I'll probably post a separate thread later asking about it, but I hear it's good to install when you install the SRI since it's like the same job.

Anyhow, this is my second accord, my first car was a 2000 EX 5-speed 4 door which I loved, had a GReddy Evo2 exhaust and Apex'i coilovers, projectors and such, but I wrecked it :( so then I got a 2006 Civic EX 5-speed 4 door, got a HFP exhaust, K&N intake, bodykit for about 2 years, then took it off (went through the ricer period, yuck). I was looking to get an Si but since they were having supply chain problems I started looking at other cars; WRX, Genesis Coupe, Audi A3, even looked at the CR-Z, but then my dad suggested test driving an accord; the manuals are crazy rare though. Anyway, I had never driven a V6 car and was like WHOA this is NUTS... and the rest is history.

Sorry for the novel-length post; here are some pics.

[right after putting my new tags on, bye bye temps! which seemed to be cop magnets, long story, for another time]

[at night. the yellow light hopefully to turn whiter soon!]

Thanks for reading, if you got this far; have a great weekend!
-Brian 'XAccord'

·
Puts Ketchup on Steak
632 Posts
Nice! Glad to see another 6-6 owner in Virginia! I just got mine fresh off the truck on May 31st.

The V6 is crazy smooth. I kept telling people the engine and tranny were "smooth as butter." It got laughs, then my girlfriend took it one time to go grocery shopping. When she got back she was like, "damn you were right. smooth as butter!" The power curve is very linear, and you can go all the way up to redline and it's still pulling.

Have fun, and welcome aboard!

·
Brian
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man! Yeah I had been teaching my gf manual on my civic but she didn't quite master it, in an attempt not to have her mess up the tranny of the new car... I had taught like 10 people stick on that civic and had to buy a new clutch and 3rd gear, ouch. But we've had one or two lessons and she likes it a lot. Still getting used to the leather, though, haha.

Where in VA are you from?

·
Puts Ketchup on Steak
632 Posts
I'm way down in Tidewater. Guess I could update my profile a little... :paranoid:

·
Brian
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh gotcha! NoVA here, haha. Many DA members from VA? Looking forward to some meets when possible! Woot!

·
Michael
2,446 Posts
Awesome! And spend that money for the throttle body spacer on maybe a milled MDX spacer, way better for the money, my throttle spacer is useless, I can't tell anything is different.

·
Corvalis TTX
4,605 Posts
I'm way down in Tidewater. Guess I could update my profile a little... :paranoid:
Tidewater? I have fond memories of the area. At one time I was a student at Va. Beach Junior High (back in the 1970s).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts