Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, hello fellow Accord owners. :)

I have been lurking this forum for a few weeks ever since I've bought my 2015 Accord EX Model (CVT). Finally, today was the day that I've made my decision to go ahead and join on the community.

I have several questions which I find to be a bit odd, hopefully someone here can give their opinions based on their experience.

1) I've noticed that the driver window kinda makes a squeaky noise when it is raised and lowered and this leaves a scratch (albeit soft) on my window.

2) I've noticed that every time I ignite my Accord, especially when it is cold, that the car kind of shakes very briefly while the RPM goes up.

3) I've noticed that when the engine is at idle, you could hear some kind of 'loose bolts' kind of sounds from the outside. It is noticeably loud.

4) I've noticed that when warming up the car, the car lets out a lot of white smoke. I've realized that outside temperatures might affect it, but it is kind of abnormal to find 93F being 'cold' for it to let out a bunch of white smoke. This goes on until the RPM drops down to the ideal level.

5) When at 'P' and I press on the brake pedal, there is this 'cracking' sound.

6) The Accord feels kind of wobbly - as in the tires feel like they're not balanced or aligned.
Has anyone experienced any of the above? My Accord at the moment has about 700 miles on it and I'm planning on taking it to the dealer this Saturday to get it checked out. Hopefully they'll be willing to do some sort of inspection on it because its really disheartening for me to have experienced all this.

One last question, does anyone here use Nitrogen tire gas on their Accord? I'm planning on using it but I'm not sure if the dealers have them. I think 35psi front and 33psi back is ideal (because the engine is in the front).

Thank you!

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
First of all, hello fellow Accord owners. :)

I have been lurking this forum for a few weeks ever since I've bought my 2015 Accord EX Model (CVT). Finally, today was the day that I've made my decision to go ahead and join on the community.

I have several questions which I find to be a bit odd, hopefully someone here can give their opinions based on their experience.

Has anyone experienced any of the above? My Accord at the moment has about 700 miles on it and I'm planning on taking it to the dealer this Saturday to get it checked out. Hopefully they'll be willing to do some sort of inspection on it because its really disheartening for me to have experienced all this.

One last question, does anyone here use Nitrogen tire gas on their Accord? I'm planning on using it but I'm not sure if the dealers have them. I think 35psi front and 33psi back is ideal (because the engine is in the front).

Thank you!
None of the issues you mentioned but I have noticed other things.

Re: Nitrogen. Some use it, most don't. Remember air is 78% nitrogen so unless 100% nitrogen is free, I don't use it.

Think what you may but the engineers have determined the ideal pressures and rest assured they know where the engine is too. 33 or 35 will make absolutely 0 difference in anything and you will not be able to tell. Even professional racers at top speed would be hard pressed to pick up a 2 PSI difference.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I've noticed none of the 1,3-6.

In regards to 2, I have not ignited my Accord, and don't plan to so can't comment on that.

Reactions: Slides

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
This white smoke, what does it taste like? Briefly stand behind the car while it's emitting this smoke/steam. Does it have a sweet taste to it?

What color is the oil? Coolant level correct?

Can you provide a video?

·
'15 Accord Sedan
28 Posts
Haven't experience anything but 1 from time to time, but in my case I live in the dry desert areas so it's pretty windy & dusty so I'm not surprise that those combination makes my window squeak every now and then when I roll up/down the window.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This white smoke, what does it taste like? Briefly stand behind the car while it's emitting this smoke/steam. Does it have a sweet taste to it?

What color is the oil? Coolant level correct?

Can you provide a video?
Oil and coolant level is normal. The white smoke smells like standard smoke that you'd get from a car exhaust. I haven't really tasted it (if you mean quite literally).

Haven't experience anything but 1 from time to time, but in my case I live in the dry desert areas so it's pretty windy & dusty so I'm not surprise that those combination makes my window squeak every now and then when I roll up/down the window.
I live in the city ONLY the driver's window does this. The scratches that this causes is visible if you're close to the car; as in when you're about to hold the door handle to get in.

I think you're mistaking the loose bolts noise for the direct injection.
I find it hard to believe that direct injection would be making noise at idle ('P'). And I also find it hard to believe that an 2015 Accord would make more engine noise at idle than a 2014 Civic.

#Update: I also feel there is excessive road/wind noise when going at about 70MPH.

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your new ride. I have not noticed any of your symptoms. I rarly drive with the windows down, I use AC or moon roof, so I can't comment on the engine sounds.

Yes, direct injection engines do clatter some at idle but I haven't noticed. The dealer can take care of your other issues. Unless nitrogen is free I just use air which is mostly nitrogen anyway. Just run the tires at the recommended pressure in the owners manual.

Don't worry so much and enjoy your new car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome and congrats on your new ride. I have not noticed any of your symptoms. I rarly drive with the windows down, I use AC or moon roof, so I can't comment on the engine sounds.

Yes, direct injection engines do clatter some at idle but I haven't noticed. The dealer can take care of your other issues. Unless nitrogen is free I just use air which is mostly nitrogen anyway. Just run the tires at the recommended pressure in the owners manual.

Don't worry so much and enjoy your new car.
Thank you :)

I never drive with the windows down either. I use moon roof at night when I'm near home to enjoy the air outside. But as far as engine sounds go, I heard it while I was outside the car so it's not really hearing the sounds from inside the car with windows down.

I do enjoy my new Accord. It is by far a very comfortable ride all around and I love how the CVT is responsive in the highways when you need it to be despite being a CVT, which is known to produce uber slow throttle response especially combined with Drive By Wire settings from the factory.

The only competitive sedans that can compare to the Accord is probably Mazda 6 in terms of producing a comfort drive.

Anywho, I've called the service center at the dealer this morning and they've admitted that the problems I've listed aren't normal for a brand new car and it is covered by the warranty. Next Saturday is when I'm available to take my baby out to the service.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts