Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I just got 19 inch wheels for my coupe and I was wondering what are the best sizes of tires for performance and what are the best for looks. Looking into 245/40/19 front and 275/35/19 rear but not sure if those are the best or if I should have it backward since it’s a FWD. Anything info will help thank you !

·
V6 6MT CBP
2,549 Posts
Performance - winter or summer? LOL

I run Michelin Pilot Super Sports in the summer, get about 18-20k out of them is all with regular rotations, same size all the way around, but they STICK. The only time I've gotten them to bark a little was taking a 30mph clover leaf at 65.

·
2006 Accord EX
1,170 Posts
Alright so I just got 19 inch wheels for my coupe and I was wondering what are the best sizes of tires for performance and what are the best for looks. Looking into 245/40/19 front and 275/35/19 rear but not sure if those are the best or if I should have it backward since it’s a FWD. Anything info will help thank you !
No tire size is the "best" for performance, because half of that equation is how YOU drive.
How aggressively you drive, the road surfaces in your driving area, do you need honest "all season" performace or only 3 season performance?? Etc...etc.
Best "looks" is highly subjective.

Your idea of a performance tire may not be someone else's!...it's that simple.
You're better off talking to a rep from Tire Rack , Discount Tire or somewhere else..

Tire Rack can provide test results, from a track, in multiple categories, be it dry, wet or light snow... against other tires in that category along with videos(if you need them)

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have Michelin pilot sport A/S 3+ but I live where I need some form of light snow traction. I have 245/40 19 on factory 2017 sport wheels. I love the tires. Good combo of handling and traction. I have staggered set on another car and if you drive a lot, it is a bit of an annoyance that you can’t rotate. Also be mindful of the wheel width in terms of how wide of a tire you get. Over the years I am comfortable going up one size than recommended by the tire manufacturer but no more...there are many views on this however. Also be careful on the width in terms of fender rubbing or you will have to have fenders rolled.

·
Super Moderator
12,792 Posts
Best sizes tires for performance and for looks?

Get 19" tires for those 19" wheels. Also, get those large whitewall tires- they look good.

·
Tampa FL
411 Posts
I just got Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires, and they are amazing. The suspension can barely keep up with there tires.

I recommend them if you live where it never snows, like me in Florida.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I run Toyos on all of our cars. Less than the Michelins and better performnce. I have Michelin Premier A\S on my 2000 EX and have less than 20k on them and they are down to 3\32 - 4\32. I will be putting Toyo Versado on my 2014 before the snow flies. For those of you wondering, yes, I rotate my tires every 5k and check tire pressure and lug nut torque, with a torque wrench, every oil change.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts