Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I bought this control board that replaces the control board of the original Audio system and adds carplay and adroid auto on my 2013 Honda Accord Sport, I kept all original functions (Except Aux port Entrance because audio is send trough there), selection in the screen is controlled by the knob and steering controls for volume, last and next song works, the only ones that dont work are the call and hang up buttons, for some reason they set up the hang up on the same to call siri (display selector button), and after a couple of days the only downside I have found is that call quality when using the carplay is not good for the other side (Only used wireless carplay for now so I am going to try wired later today to see if there is any improvement) and a little white noise when nothing is playing in the speakers.

349.0US $ |Car Media Player For Honda Accord 9 9.5,2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 5G Wireless Carplay Android Auto Bluetooth Phones, Music|Car Multimedia Player| - AliExpress

I think it is an interesting option to add carplay in our cars, installation took about an hour but mostly because of my fight with the dashboard haha.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's a great alternative without doing a lot. Can you still access the original menus? What about the reverse camera.
I have Lanewatch too, just messaged the seller if that would still work after installing his unit. For Bluetooth voice quality, how about installing an external mic, maybe that would help in the voice quality

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey @NatsuDarker , it is definitely an easy install and you do keep all the original menus and functions (Except Aux Port), you access the new system by long pressing the phone bottom in the radio. I attached a picture of what I received in the package. My reverse camera works like a charm and for the lane watch camera I know there is an option in the menu to select camera source, when playing with it a little it would change to camera mode whenever I put any of the turn signals but my screen was black because I don't have lane watch cameras, so I do think it should be compatible but may use a different harness.

I emailed the vendor about the voice quality and they let me know that you can install a microphone for the unit since it uses its own voice input, I attached the image of were the microphone terminals are, you would actually have to solder it into the board and then wire it to any place of the car you want, I think the easiest would be right were the original aux port used to be since you don't have it anymore.

But since I would have to take it apart again I just started using the old radio system for the calls, Siri can still understand me without the microphone and I have no problem with the calls using the original Audio system.

Now for the small white noise I suspect is a ground problem, when I took my radio out I noticed that It didn't have the 2 screws that holds the radio to the frame, maybe this is causing it to not have a good enough ground so I already ordered those, if I still hear it I will try disconnecting the ANC module.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I messaged the seller too about the Lane watch camera too but just got one-word answers of yes and no. One last thing I wanted to ask is that if you have something playing via carplay and you get a call on factory Bluetooth after you hang up, does it go back to carplay and start playing where you left off. Also does the same happen when you go into reverse while playing something on carplay.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@NatsuDarker I know your pain, I usually deal with Chinese vendors for my work and haven't find that many that can communicate flawlessly haha.

Yes, actually the call just shows up in the Carplay screen but the phone is just using the handsfreelink for the audio, after hanging up it just go back to the sound you where using originally, and when going on reverse there is no interruption of the music, just the screen and then it shows again whichever screen you were using before.

These days I also tried the screen mirroring and USB video and Audio, USB video and audio works fine and easy, just the screen mirroring is a pain because you have to connect to a WIFI network the system makes and then tell the phone to start the mirroring.

After this couple of weeks I still like it and after using it together with the old system my only issue left is the small white noise when nothing is playing, I already put the 2 screws that I was missing that I thought wasn't giving me a good ground, so next I will try disconnecting the ANC module, I know the board have its own amplifier and since Audio is coming in trough the AUX connection there may be something happening there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Leudast have you solved the white nose issue? Is CarPlay wireless or through the USB wire?
Haven't really got deeper into it because is not thaaaat bad so I have been procrastinating it and the holidays kept me busy lol, I will probably work on it on Luther King weekend since I have the day off.

The Carplay can be wireless or wired, whichever you prefer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
@Leudast i went ahead an order the unit from AliExpress. Will post my experience installing it once I get it probably in couple weeks. Looking forward to your experience of fixing the noise and microphone

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@Leudast i went ahead an order the unit from AliExpress. Will post my experience installing it once I get it probably in couple weeks. Looking forward to your experience of fixing the noise and microphone
For the calls I just keep using my hybrid between the original radio and the new added functions. I will post again about the noise if I work on it before you receive your unit, but who knows, maybe it is a problem with my car, I never used the old aux port since I only had the car for like 3 weeks before installing this and always used bluetooth.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I received my unit and installed couple days ago. I think this is the best solution for CarPlay for this years Accord. It is so well integrated, it looks like if Honda build it from factory like that. Installation is pretty straightforward. All steering controls work.

My unit has a tiny microphone built in. It doesn’t stick out from AUX port, but Siri commands work and people hear me well. I don’t hear much difference even with AUX port rubber cover closed!

audio from CarPlay is coming in through AUX in. I have AUX volume at about 25. Once you are in CarPlay there is another volume control. It’s like a second layer for volume. I don’t get any white noise or static. I only hear a quick pop if music was playing as I was turning the engine off. Not sure why it happens.

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire White

Car Radio Vehicle Steering part Steering wheel

Vehicle Car Plant Automotive design Motor vehicle

Vehicle Personal luxury car Multimedia Auto part Machine

this in Chinese under settings for choosing an aftermarket camera. You don’t need to change anything. Rear camera works by default.
Circuit component Passive circuit component Hardware programmer Electronic engineering Electronic component

this is the mic soldered to the unit
Vehicle Personal luxury car Multimedia Auto part Machine

I asked the seller before purchasing for a microphone. They said I will get a microphone and I did. Not sure if they solder one in now on all the units or only upon request.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I received my unit and installed couple days ago. I think this is the best solution for CarPlay for this years Accord. It is so well integrated, it looks like if Honda build it from factory like that. Installation is pretty straightforward. All steering controls work.

My unit has a tiny microphone built in. It doesn’t stick out from AUX port, but Siri commands work and people hear me well. I don’t hear much difference even with AUX port rubber cover closed!

audio from CarPlay is coming in through AUX in. I have AUX volume at about 25. Once you are in CarPlay there is another volume control. It’s like a second layer for volume. I don’t get any white noise or static. I only hear a quick pop if music was playing as I was turning the engine off. Not sure why it happens.

View attachment 537213
View attachment 537215
View attachment 537216
View attachment 537212
this in Chinese under settings for choosing an aftermarket camera. You don’t need to change anything. Rear camera works by default.
View attachment 537214
this is the mic soldered to the unit View attachment 537212

I asked the seller before purchasing for a microphone. They said I will get a microphone and I did. Not sure if they solder one in now on all the units or only upon request.
Well, it is nice that everything is working good for you! I suspected that the white noise may have been a ground problem in my car and looks like it is since you don't have it, the pop when turning off the car is probably because of the second amplifier that the unit has that sends an spike, I turn the volume down before turning off the car and the pop doesn't happen..

I do think that I may have been the first guy that bought the thing and they added the microphone after my complains lol. I have also been asking them for a software upgrade to fix that part of the menu that stays in Chinese and to add long press to all the bottoms, the only one that have it right now is the PHONE bottom that changes to the system, so you cant change the saved FM stations but not really a big deal. After that I believe it will achieve perfection haha.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have also been asking them for a software upgrade to fix that part of the menu that stays in Chinese and to add long press to all the bottoms, the only one that have it right now is the PHONE bottom that changes to the system, so you cant change the saved FM stations but not really a big deal. After that I believe it will achieve perfection haha.
I have asked for a software update as well to get all settings translated into English. They said they will release an update after some Chinese Spring holiday? Will see what else they will fix with an update.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've ordered this just now so I'll update if they ended up with any updates.
Nice, and welcome to the family, you need to drink a corona while installing it while lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts