Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally got the drop i always wanted and the comfort is still like oem. one thing that bothers me is with this new suspension i notice that there are creaking noise when i hit little bumps on the road. has anyone one experience this with this set up?

·
Registered
35 Posts
the noise maybe from the spring.. do you put a thin layer of damper (rubber wrapping around the coil) at the top and bottom part of it? usually comes with new spring :)

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Tein SS-P come with "race" style linear springs, the rubber things you are talking about won't work properly on them. Contact Tein, they shouldn't be making noise if they are new.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I am considering buying this very same set of coilovers, did you do the install yourself? if a shop were to do it, whats a reasonable charge for such an install? oH AND last but not least, did you purchase the electronic remote adjustment thingy thats optional for these? (sorry forgot what its called)

·
Registered
178 Posts
i wanted this set-up as well, is that the lowest setting for the ss-p. and how does she feel that low.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I am considering buying this very same set of coilovers, did you do the install yourself? if a shop were to do it, whats a reasonable charge for such an install? oH AND last but not least, did you purchase the electronic remote adjustment thingy thats optional for these? (sorry forgot what its called)
its called the EDFC (electronic dampening force control)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tein SS-P come with "race" style linear springs, the rubber things you are talking about won't work properly on them. Contact Tein, they shouldn't be making noise if they are new.
i bought these used with 7k on them and it seems the noise is coming from just the rear right of the car.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i wanted this set-up as well, is that the lowest setting for the ss-p. and how does she feel that low.
the car handles great and the ride is really confortable but once you hit a bump then you can feel it. and this is not the lowest you can go on them. i there the front still have 3-4 links left and the rear has about 5 links

·
aka 'The Gif King'
803 Posts
Its called EDFC, and you don't have to purchase it. Anyway, about installing it. Please don't pay a shop to do it for something so easy! My friend did that, he though he spent a good deal on it to. Some shops were charging him 400-500 just to install them, he though he got a good deal for just paying 375.

Anyway I showed how to do it, and now he's mad! Lol oh well, that's why you do research before paying.

·
-Gene
656 Posts
yea my friend helped me install my ssp's.. super simple if you know what your doing.. we did it in pitch black night time too lols

·
-Gene
656 Posts
oh also, when you say creaking you mean kinda like rusty metal squeaks? if so, apply lubricant to the top parts and anything that moves

·
-Gene
656 Posts
no just jack it up lol but be careful

·
Registered
543 Posts
I've had that set up a few summer's ago. It was actually a real nice set. I'm not sure how low it'll sit. I know with my current set up ( Sleeves w/ koni yellows) i'm pretty dumped and i have like another inch to go in the front and another 1 1/2-2 inches in the rear. But with the tein's it feels close to stock. But can't elaborate any more than that cause it's been awhile. but just thought any info would help ya :thmsup:

·
Registered
543 Posts
And installation takes about .. 30-45 minutes for each one. so tops, 4- 4 1/2 hours. I mean, i'm sure if you have air tools, it'll be faster but i used all hand tools and was by my self and did it in like .. 3 1/2 hours ish. not too hard. DEF don't take it to a shop. they ass rape you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
looks sweet.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
the noise maybe from the spring.. do you put a thin layer of damper (rubber wrapping around the coil) at the top and bottom part of it? usually comes with new spring :)
Yea, that works good to hold in the salt and moisture if you live in the north. They have the plastic covering on my Eibachs and that happend to them. They rusted in half under the plastic.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts