Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to be a really active poster here, but my activity died down when I accepted the fact that there was no way to get my hands on an HFP suspension without buying the whole kit. I would buy the whole kit, but I already have every HFP part including the red floor mats (imported from Canada).

I also was a big advocate of the factory performance suspension as Honda nailed the drop just right. And now, onto the meat and potatoes of the story...

Driving home from work tonight I noticed a red accord v6. Something about it looked different. I thought to myself that the stance looked very nice (i was behind the red accord, one lane over). I then thought that maybe the car had the hfp suspension. As I got closer, I noticed the HFP badging. The wheel gappage was just right! But what I noticed most was the tail of the car. It was angled very different than an accord v6 with stock suspension. I noticed it in an instant. I can't explain it, but it really transformed the car.

I get home tonight, and out of desperate jealousy, checked ebay for the HFP suspension. Jackpot! Keenan Honda out of PA was selling a brand new kit for 825 for the auto. I jumped on it. Paid 52 bucks shipping and dodged the sales tax (which is freakin high in Los Angeles).

Very happy now fellas. Have a full hfp kit. Cant wait to get it installed to see how it sits on my 245/45/19 tires. Honda recommends a 235 for the hfp wheels, but 245 should fill the gap better!

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Awesome! Please post pics of the kit and the car before/after :thumbsup:

·
Enjoying Life!!!
55 Posts
I looked at that kit as well, but not sure what I wanted to do. Congrats!! Looking forward to pics.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Congrats! Looks like you bought the last/only one! :banana:

·
Tampa FL
373 Posts
I would love to get my hands on that suspension, but not sure if it would work well on the Sport, since the 4 cylinder engine weights less than the V6 :dunno:

·
Registered
114 Posts
There is a Honda dealer in Toronto Ontario Canada selling the suspension for $700 tax included but it only fits in V6 models, you can put it in the i4 but it doesn't sit right

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
CVT
514 Posts
the hfp kits are only for the v6 coupes correct? i wish honda would make one for the sport model as well..

·
Rhymes with **** & Quick
1,314 Posts
If I had a coupe, I'd buy that. I am ambivalent about HFP wheels and aero kit, on the other hand. Not to mention the flaming red carpet.

·
Registered
336 Posts
the hfp kits are only for the v6 coupes correct? i wish honda would make one for the sport model as well..
It's exactly as kyxxer said above, I'm afraid.

With that said, if you really look at the curb weights between even a V6 MT vs V6 AT coupe, there is a weight difference of about 131lbs (without Navigation), and the suspension works on both models. So if you think about it, a Sport with MT and V6 coupe with MT, the coupe is only heavier by about 121lbs. While no one has really tried this on a Sport, to my knowledge, the HFP suspension shouldn't look substantially off, although it may feel much stiffer compared to someone who is starting off with a V6.

This isn't very scientific but even when I owned an 8th gen Civic, people were putting in the Si coupe's HFP suspension on the sedans, just purely because people were selling them for a fraction of the cost of one that was spec'd to match. The end result is the sedans looked roughly about the same with the Si coupe HFP suspension, as if they actually bought an HFP suspension made for the non-Si sedans.

Any Sport owner brave enough to try in the same of science? :naughty:

EDIT: Nevermind, I just looked into this some more and realized the HFP suspension is meant for the 6MT V6 coupe. :paranoid:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If I had a coupe, I'd buy that. I am ambivalent about HFP wheels and aero kit, on the other hand. Not to mention the flaming red carpet.

Don't knock it till you see it and feel it in person with the 2 tone leather. I'd take it over the suspension (assuming I'm not paying suspension price for the mats).

·
Registered
923 Posts
Are the coil overs available better, worse, or equal to the HFP stuff. I always believed OEM stuff to be inferior to aftermarket in brakes, suspension, and other things. Is the HFP different?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Are the coil overs available better, worse, or equal to the HFP stuff. I always believed OEM stuff to be inferior to aftermarket in brakes, suspension, and other things. Is the HFP different?
HFP won't void your warranty which is nice but after market coils are adjustable and can be set to ride on the ground or just about stock height..... The price difference isn't much but good luck finding HFP coils ..... If you're interested check out the suspension sticky for more details :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's false. Coilovers cannot even be set to ride as high as the hfp suspension let along the stock setup. At least that's been the case for tein's when compared to prior HFP setups as well as nissan's nismo setups for the Z and the 2003-2008 altima.

·
Registered
209 Posts
congrats. cant wait to see pics. I fell in love with my hfp as soon as i saw it on the floor. I know what you mean about the stance. enjoy .

·
Beast mode!
307 Posts
Yup that's why I bought the HFP package, it's just that awesome.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts