Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
The job took about 3 hours and the longest part was removing and unclipping the old harness. Installation was a breeze. Both tail light assembly will need to be removed and the center piece outside of the trunk will also. The trunk liner will need to be partially removed as well so you have access to removing the harness. The deck liner will need to be completely removed. I've posted pictures and they needed to be resized. Sorry if they came out blurry.

Here is the parts list for each:

34155-TVA-A11 Light Assembly, L Lid $99.99 1 $99.99

34150-TVA-A11 Light Assembly, R Lid $99.99 1 $99.99

32108-TVC-A00 Wire Harness, Rear $68.01 1 $68.01

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I honestly cannot see the difference.
The difference is the extra brake light on the trunk deck. The sport model has the brake light on the light housing, whereas the touring has it on the light housing and the trunk. I've attached a before picture

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I honestly cannot see the difference.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
The difference is the extra brake light on the trunk deck. The sport model has the brake light on the light housing, whereas the touring has it on the light housing and the trunk. I've attached a before picture

Before and after pictures. First picture is before the install (brake light only illuminated on the tail light assembly) and after the install (brake light illuminated on the taillight and trunk deck)

Attachments

·
Rollin in FL
1,356 Posts
I'm not sure what benefits you get by doing this, but you did a good job on your part. My question is, how much brighter is the Touring tails compared to the sport ones?

·
Banned
438 Posts
I'm not sure what benefits you get by doing this, but you did a good job on your part. My question is, how much brighter is the Touring tails compared to the sport ones?
not really a matter of brightness, but having the lights on the trunk light up as well

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you. I'm moving to England in June and they require rear fog lights on a vehicle so I'm thinking about doing it myself and using the trunk deck lights. That's pretty much the purpose of the upgrade

·
Registered
44 Posts
The job took about 3 hours and the longest part was removing and unclipping the old harness. Installation was a breeze. Both tail light assembly will need to be removed and the center piece outside of the trunk will also. The trunk liner will need to be partially removed as well so you have access to removing the harness. The deck liner will need to be completely removed. I've posted pictures and they needed to be resized. Sorry if they came out blurry.

Here is the parts list for each:

34155-TVA-A11 Light Assembly, L Lid $99.99 1 $99.99

34150-TVA-A11 Light Assembly, R Lid $99.99 1 $99.99

32108-TVC-A00 Wire Harness, Rear $68.01 1 $68.01

Never knew there was this difference on the trims. Is the Touring the only trim to have the lights on the trunk?

·
Honda Nation
2,186 Posts
Seriously, what the hell's the difference? You wasted $270.00. Hey, it's your money and your car but frankly you can't see a difference and it's stupid and has zero value or added benefit.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I’m in Canada, I checked last night and my trunk tail lights were lighting up from stock. Maybe it was US model only that didn’t have this (feature?). Very odd

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think the confusion, which I was for a bit, comes from the two photos in the first post. They're not a before and after, they are both after pics, right? So before, the upper trunk which I circled didn't light up. I'd check on my EX-L but am out of state.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I’m in Canada, I checked last night and my trunk tail lights were lighting up from stock. Maybe it was US model only that didn’t have this (feature?). Very odd
Us Canadians always get better Accord’s lol features wise that is and nice little extras

1 - 20 of 132 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.