Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i wanted to replace my 07 and went to see this 2010

the 10 dashboard looked like a nightmare! sticking way out, the screen set way back, 200 buttons and knobs!

very disappointed. my 07 dash is clean, simple and not obtrusive.

both have navigation too. is there any later year accords that are not such a mess? thanks.

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
10,218 Posts
All 8th generation (2008-2012) Accords are an ugly mess (inside and outside) like that. The 9th generation (2013+) Accord looks much better IMO.... a huge improvement.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All 8th generation (2008-2012) Accords are an ugly mess (inside and outside) like that. The 9th generation (2013+) Accord looks much better IMO.... a huge improvement.
well that's good to know, thanks! i will shop for a 2013 or another 2007 with low miles.

·
Banned
36 Posts
I completely agree.

I can't really say I want an 8th gen accord to be honest..

I had a 2011 Accord LX-P as rental when my 2006 was in for service, and while it was nice to have a newer Accord for a day, I really did want my 2006 back.

I was kinda pissed since the rental Accord they gave me was the 2011, which was sitting right next to a Beautiful 2013 Accord. :headbash:

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,062 Posts

I think the 8.5G is just right. 7G was too feminine and the 9G looks too much like it was designed by a committee to appeal to the widest audience possible (the chrome strip across the license plate that EVERY family sedan seems to have nowadays, for example). When I think of the 9G I just imagine a 35 year old dude wearing a sweater who has 2.5 kids driving it.

IMO, obviously.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I really miss the 8th gen speedometer, I think it looks a lot better and cleaner than the 9th gen. The tach in the 9th gen looks odd and useless.

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
i think the 7th gen accord is way to feminine and hideous looking. 8th gen looks insane when modded with wheels, suspension, exterior mods, and the 9th gen looks more upscale

·
Carpe Diem
2,565 Posts
I have a '10 at the office that we use for work stuff and I really dislike everything about it when compared to my '07. Honda really missed on the 8th gen Accord. These things only sold because of the name.

·
7th Gear
86 Posts
I bought my 8th because I liked the styling of the coupe and the name. At first the buttons inside put me off but I don't notice them anymore and use them without issues.
The 7th gen interior looks so sterile and boring to me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts