Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys --

Just picked up a '13 LX, manual sedan and I want to add a 4 channel amp and new speakers with no other mods. Nada.

More importantly, I don't want to lose any existing functionality while keeping the same head unit -- is this possible?

Thanks!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yes it's possible. I did it, along with a sub of course. I have all factory functionality, this includes the ANC.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I did all this myself with absolutely no experience. Was a lot of work but it beats paying $500 in labor for the install. I highly recommend doing it yourself. Like i said, id never done any of it before so if i can do it you can.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did all this myself with absolutely no experience. Was a lot of work but it beats paying $500 in labor for the install. I highly recommend doing it yourself. Like i said, id never done any of it before so if i can do it you can.
In my younger days -- I'd be all for it -- that's when I had nothing but time.. now -- wife -- son -- house stuff -- just cant allocate a full day on the weekend to do it. Then add a 4 year old who wants to "help" and it can easily turn into not the best situation.

Anyone around from Long Island -- know a good installer? (and hopefully not $500?)

·
Registered
941 Posts
In my younger days -- I'd be all for it -- that's when I had nothing but time.. now -- wife -- son -- house stuff -- just cant allocate a full day on the weekend to do it. Then add a 4 year old who wants to "help" and it can easily turn into not the best situation.

Anyone around from Long Island -- know a good installer? (and hopefully not $500?)
Plan on 500. I got multiple quotes and they were all in that ballpark. Its expensive.

·
co-founder of FFC and CAM
32 Posts
Can you shed some light on your set up? I am getting feedback with or without the ANC disconnected.

If I disconnect the ANC plug my backup camera stops working as well.

Yes it's possible. I did it, along with a sub of course. I have all factory functionality, this includes the ANC.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Can you shed some light on your set up? I am getting feedback with or without the ANC disconnected.

If I disconnect the ANC plug my backup camera stops working as well.
What did you put in your car and how is it wired? If the ANC was disconnected, there shouldn't be any feedback.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts