Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get an intake in my car and am trying to decide which one to get for my 08 lx-s coupe. I know there are plenty of threads on the forum but there are never really pro's and con's to why one is better over another.
I would actually rather get a SRI because we have gotten lots of snow this winter in NYC......Opinions Please!

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Get whichever one is cheaper, they are all basically the same. I prefer dry filters over oiled filters.

·
Registered
219 Posts
How much it s***s living in a state (Pennsylvania) with yearly emissions testing. I would love to get one of these in my car, but, then every year I would have to yank it out and put the original back.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I never had problems with emissions testing in AZ or NV with intakes. Unless you follow CA rules and have to have a sticker with a CARB EO number under the hood it shouldn't be an issue.

·
Let the fun begin....
748 Posts
How much it s***s living in a state (Pennsylvania) with yearly emissions testing. I would love to get one of these in my car, but, then every year I would have to yank it out and put the original back.
It's really not that big of a deal...maybe 1 hours total for installing/uninstalling the stock airbox a year.

To the OP: I definately recommend a dry filter element vs oiled. Less problems in the long run. Get which one you can pick-up the cheapest and have fun.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
For SRI, I prefer the Injen for the fact that they use Amsoil Nanofiber (http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/eaa.aspx) for their filter. It is superior than any other filter material offered by other manufacturers. Takeda comes in close second as their filter material Pro Dry S is developed in-house and looks very similar to Amsoil. I haven't seen any test that directly test the efficiency between the two. However, my latest oil analysis (http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=55916) shows that the Amsoil Nanofiber being used in my Injen SRI is doing its job. Take it for what it's worth :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks man, I probably will be looking into the Injen SRI

1 - 9 of 9 Posts