Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Someone sent me an email threatening me to sell my Fujita CAI to them for $100 for they will spend $130 on a Dragon-R intake.

Cold Air Intake is performance, it gives it a better throttle response. I've debated between the K&N and Fujita as well. I now have the Fujita CAI which in my opinion is better than a short ram.
If you live in an area with alot of rain/puddles/etc... a bypass valve on the CAI would be a good choice.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The K&N isn't a short ram. The only difference I can think of is that since the Fujita is longer and closer to the ground, it increases the risk of hydrolocking and can draw up more debris.

*edited for filtered word usage

·
Registered
129 Posts
I took off my resonator 4 days ago. My intake air temperture was 67 when i stareted the car and 1 hour and 15 minutes later it was 73 when I parked the car. Mostly highway driving with a few street lights. So far the only difference is the sound. I honestly cannot tell if performance has changed.

·
Registered
39 Posts
wait, I'm no expert, but if you have an MAF sensor, I think Fujita is your only choice. I love my Fujita CAI. As far as it's location, it is tucked in the perfect spot behind the bumper, I'm not worried about hydrolock at all, by the time it gets that high, it's time to find another route

·
mobiless2
2,200 Posts
K&N is considered a Short Ram, Fujita is a Cold air intake.

·
Registered
17 Posts
What is your goal?

The K&N is a little louder if you are just looking for the sound.

I wanted to add a CAI to my car, but never found one that worked well...

Neither add a significant performance, and when I dyno'd them, they both make the a/f ratio dangerously lean, enough to where I put my stock stuff back on. I say that the Honda engineers know what they are doing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts