Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
7th Gear
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has found any stock throttle bodies from other k series that work for the Accords with cable throttle bodies.

Rsx, Tsx, etc?

After driving my friends gsr and my own vg33 s12, I'm looking for better throttle response. I already have the tsx intake plenum, tsx intake arm with Comptech airbox and axleback exhaust.

Thanks in advance.

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,285 Posts
A TSX throttle body of the same year to match your TSX intake manifold will/should be plug and play ... I have an '08 TSX TB mated to my '08 TSX IM and IIRC it was 2mm diameter larger than the stock Accord unit.

·
7th Gear
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A TSX throttle body of the same year to match your TSX intake manifold will/should be plug and play ... I have an '08 TSX TB mated to my '08 TSX IM and IIRC it was 2mm diameter larger than the stock Accord unit.
I understand that, but all Tsxs were dbw and my car is cable throttle.

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,285 Posts
I understand that, but all Tsxs were dbw and my car is cable throttle.
Sorry then mate - I thought the 2004/2005 TSX's were cable ?

I'm going to guess that any TB's you'll look at from the Honda parts bin, that are bigger than your current one, will probably end up being dbw.

Maybe an RSX tb that's cable ?? 2002-ish ?

Have you looked at the after market, maybe a Skunk2 or KTuner ?

·
7th Gear
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry then mate - I thought the 2004/2005 TSX's were cable ?

I'm going to guess that any TB's you'll look at from the Honda parts bin, that are bigger than your current one, will probably end up being dbw.

Maybe an RSX tb that's cable ?? 2002-ish ?

Have you looked at the after market, maybe a Skunk2 or KTuner ?
Hybrid racing had a 70mm cable tb with stock iacv ports... But discontinued. I have yet to really research aftermarket ones.

cl7 euro r is 62 mm and cable throttle
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

·
ziptie princess
1,053 Posts
quick note on the euro r throttle body- you can't use a stock accord tps on it, as the mounting bosses are in the wrong place. if it doesn't come with a tps (like mine) you have to figure something else out...

eta: looks like it's a standard k20 tps, which makes sense. just gotta acquire one of those now.

·
7th Gear
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
quick note on the euro r throttle body- you can't use a stock accord tps on it, as the mounting bosses are in the wrong place. if it doesn't come with a tps (like mine) you have to figure something else out...

eta: looks like it's a standard k20 tps, which makes sense. just gotta acquire one of those now.
Good to know. The car needs struts and some maintenance first, but I'll keep that in mind.

Mind me asking where you found the throttle body?

·
ziptie princess
1,053 Posts
Good to know. The car needs struts and some maintenance first, but I'll keep that in mind.

Mind me asking where you found the throttle body?
some shop in miami had it on ebay- i'd imagine they turn up every now and again; also, it looks like pre-facelift cl7s are the ones with the cable throttle bodies according to the googling i did to figure out what tps will work with this thing

·
Registered
134 Posts
Let me know if you find out, that could be an interesting project- Last night just successfully installed the tsx intake manifold- I'm already seeing massive improvement. @bobbo I should have never waited...

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,285 Posts
Let me know if you find out, that could be an interesting project- Last night just successfully installed the tsx intake manifold- I'm already seeing massive improvement. @bobbo I should have never waited...
Atta boy !!! Pretty sure I did the intake manifold swap with the TSX throttle body and the short ram all at the same time ... could easily feel the torque improvement through the low range 2-4k rpm (daily driving range) and the sound the short ram added was just music to my ears.

My second favourite parts swap. First place still goes to the TL-S sway bars and the 17x7 tires.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts