Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

k24a4 cams & valves

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  crmplex 
#1 ·
Was looking at doing my cams soon and was going to go with either skunk2 or Brian crower. when I told my friend about it he said he would recommend doing valves and possibly springs as well. Is this necessary? Also he told me that he only recommends doing valves if the stock ones are sodium filled and to switch them to stainless. Just want a second opinion and a bit more info. Are the k24a4 oem valves sodium or stainless and which is better? Also which cams would you recommend between skunk2 and BC? Thanks.

#2 ·
Sodium filled or stainless? iv been with honda for years and thats a great question. I have no idea. I wonder if thats something my parts department can answer.... ill try to remember to look into it tomorrow if im not slammed busy.

In regards to springs, my opinion is, if your gonna do something you might as well do it right. MY OPINION, is yes, if your going to install performance cams, ESPECIALLY if your going past stage 1, you should strengthen the springs to eliminate any chances of floating and keep your return as quick and crisp as possible. if you take your mods further in the future, and wish to push for more RPM then you'll need to do this anyway.

Perhaps the best thing to to is contact the manufacturer (once you choose one) and ask them. Of course they are gonna push you to buy their springs, but their knowledge will help in regards to what spring strength youll need and why. You can always shop around once you get that info.

I recently read people speak highly of bisimoto's cams, springs, and their titanium valve keepers... maybe thats worth some research.

Sorry i cant offer much in regards to the brands. i have no experience with their cams on that engine. but both are well known.

best of luck.

#4 ·
My buddy who build engines suggested stainless(ev8) on the intake side and sodium filled on the exhaust because of the thermal properties of the sodium filled valves. I'm not too well versed but he sure is so I guess that's a place to start. If you are going full race which I doubt you are because you own a Honda lol titanium valves are the ones to go with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.