Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Katzkin Red Leather installed!

13K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  ellisd27 
#1 ·
I finally had my Katzkin Red Leather with black stitching/piping installed on my 2019 Black Accord 2.0 sport. I decided on the red with black instead of black leather with red stitching (I have always had black). I didn't necessarily think the seats were bad in the sport, I just wanted some contrast in the car.

If there was one thing about this car I wasn't feeling was the fairly monotone look of all black in the interior. The red seats/red insert on the door definitely changed this! It changes the look of the entire car! I highly recommend it!

Car seat cover Car seat Red Vehicle Car

Red Car seat cover Vehicle Car Car seat

Red Orange Car Vehicle Textile

Car seat cover Vehicle Car Red Car seat

Vehicle door Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Personal luxury car

See less See more
#2 ·
Did you remove the old covering, or just put this on top of existing? Do they have any provisions for the airbags? Do you have seat warmers? Is it a DIY job or got it done in a shop? What did it cost?

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
The old covering was removed, then these were installed. I am not sure if they put in new cushions or not, but it definitely feels more plush. They were done by the dealership. I am sure they contract the work out, but everything was done by them. I had heated seat already, so they did not have to do an aftermarket install. (Though I have seen on other threads they can add it.) I had the seats worked into my deal, but it looks like the seats/door trim can be done between $1000 and $1300.

As far as airbag provisions, I am not sure. With it being done by the dealership, I am sure it is within regulations and it won't void any type of warranty. I'm not sure if that answered your airbag question or not.

Looks Great man! I wish the 9G Door panels looked like the 10th gen, i prefer the way your red inserts look in the door panels compared to mine.
I got mine in Cardinal Red instead of regular red (Shown in link below) which both reds look good.

Get ready to break some necks and folks saying "Whoa i didn't know you can get red seats in an accord!!!"
Those seats look great! I almost went with the Cardinal red! The installer at Honda talked me out of it...haha. I was afraid that the bright red would be too much, but the contrast of the black has helped. I do like the subtle red insert on the 10th gen. I almost didn't get it, but I'm glad I did.

As I am sure your experience with the seats you have noticed that, in person, these seats are even more stunning. Pictures don't do them justice IMO. Overall, the response by people has been exactly what you say....they are surprised with the quality and look. I just hope the durability of them stand up over time. Have you noticed any quality issues?

#4 ·
#9 ·
Just an FYI on the Door Cards; My installer recommended not to do them since they are prone to peeling (the glue wears over time). I did the armrest instead.

I also have the slight squeaking from Driver Seat to the center console; seems like the leather is rubbing on the leather on the center rest.
Red looks really good!

#10 ·
The red is very pretty and eye-catching! Katzkins are beautifully designed seat coverings. If I ever decide to recover my seating, I've decided I'll go with Katzkins.

If anyone is getting leather on leather squeaking, I think I'd try a good leather conditioner instead of silicone. Just my opinion, of course - silicone may be the perfect solution.

- Jack

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.