Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, rant time. I know most of you guys use them for interior LED lights, so when it came time to replace some lights, I said "Hell, why not" BIG mistake. I ordered replacement bulbs for everything, even though I only needed 1. First off, the 194 bulbs , its states specifically, these work with the 168 bulbs, but they don't. Removed my 168 bulb, they fit in the socket, but I'll be damned if they wont allow the cover to go back on, they're too long. So I tried them in all the other 168 spots...same thing. So at this point I'm slightly pissed, I have 3 sets of 194 bulbs I have to return, ok no biggie, I can deal. So I put in my dome light bulbs, turn it on, darkness, and by that I mean every single interior light in the car goes out...****! So I go to the local auto shop and buy new 7.5a fuses. Go back home, put a new fuse in, thinking it was a bad fuse, spark, pop, dead. Pulled the lights out, insert new fuse, insert new bulb, darkness. At this point I'm curing everything under the sun, rip out the new bulbs, put in a new fuse which doesn't seat right and falls in between the damn frame and plastic panel, rip new fuse out of box and slam into fusebox, put everything back together and here we are. WTF is going on!?!?! What did you all order and how did they work, b/c apparently I cant win for anything...

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Well with regards to installing the lights, I don't know why the other lights went out, but try reversing the way they go in, negative/positive side.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well with regards to installing the lights, I don't know why the other lights went out, but try reversing the way they go in, negative/positive side.
The other lights went out b/c the "interior lights" fuse blew each time the festoon bulb was inserted or the power was turned on. The bulbs aren't marked and I'm running out of fuses, so I'll have to try again tomorrow after I pickup some more.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Damn, I'm at a loss as i have no electrical experience/knowledge. However, many people on the forum do, I'm sure it won't be too long before someone pipes in. All the best! Let us know what was wrong when you find out!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn, I'm at a loss as i have no electrical experience/knowledge. However, many people on the forum do, I'm sure it won't be too long before someone pipes in. All the best! Let us know what was wrong when you find out!
Yep, will do. I'm not too sure what the LEDs draw power wise, guess I'll have to check.All I care about is getting the $146 I spent on these things back....

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
why dont u just get leds from superbrightleds? i've always gotten my leds from there for all my cars and recommended them to friends. they will fit your car without issues like these and certain cost nowhere near $146...and mind you, i've seen plenty of cars with LEDs and none of them have been brighter than mine.

·
7th Gen
98 Posts
The leds will draw less power than the normal bulbs, and also if u put them in and they dont turn on try reversing them cuz thats the problem i ran into but i jus fliped the bulb and it worked.

·
Captain Slow
249 Posts
vleds.com has good stuff too

·
Registered
319 Posts
I blew a fuse when i first changed out all my interior from the stock to LED. what i learned was pull out the fuse first, switch out all your stock to your new LED, then put the fuse back in. Turn on all the lights to see if they all work. If one doesnt work, take out your fuse, switch the ones that didnt work, so it matches the neg/pos. then re-insert your fuse, and should be good to go.

If that doesnt work... then probably your LED's are a manu. defect putting out way to much current.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I blew a fuse when i first changed out all my interior from the stock to LED. what i learned was pull out the fuse first, switch out all your stock to your new LED, then put the fuse back in. Turn on all the lights to see if they all work. If one doesnt work, take out your fuse, switch the ones that didnt work, so it matches the neg/pos. then re-insert your fuse, and should be good to go.

If that doesnt work... then probably your LED's are a manu. defect putting out way to much current.
Yep, already tried, blew the fuse each and every time.

$146 for some led interior bulbs? You have got to be shitting me!
Also had replacement turn signal bulbs as well

Well here's an update. Contacted kbcarstuff last night and received an email this morning. Said that I got the wrong bulbs, when clearly the ones I purchased are listed as replacements. They want to charge me 20% restocking on the bulbs. I told him I was not going to pay anything to return the bulbs, as this is their mistake, the bulbs I purchased are listed as replacements and as such, should work. We'll see where it goes. I'm not too happy about it, and we'll see what happens. I have no qualms drawing this out, I intend to see this through...they just made me mad...and you don't make me mad...lol.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The leds will draw less power than the normal bulbs, and also if u put them in and they dont turn on try reversing them cuz thats the problem i ran into but i jus fliped the bulb and it worked.
Hence why I don't understand how they could be blowing a fuse. I put another bulb in the map light and it works fine. And I've never had a reversed bulb blow a fuse, they just don't work. I'm not gonna try it anymore, b/c I'm afraid the high load will ruin the wiring and I'm running low on 7.5a fuses again....

·
7th Gen
98 Posts
Hence why I don't understand how they could be blowing a fuse. I put another bulb in the map light and it works fine. And I've never had a reversed bulb blow a fuse, they just don't work. I'm not gonna try it anymore, b/c I'm afraid the high load will ruin the wiring and I'm running low on 7.5a fuses again....
ya you got some bad leds i wouldnt bother with them anymore and try to get your money back, i go with superbrightleds or vleds.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts