Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
epz
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! My Kenwood Double Din car Cd stereo keeps shutting off and resetting?
I have a Kenwood DDX319. I've had it for about 1 1/2 years and it's been a great DVD receiver. But now it keeps shutting down and resetting. It does it when the volume is too high or even when it's low. Sometimes it stays on for a half hour and sometimes it turns off after 5 minutes. One time it made all my indication lights blink for 3 seconds. The next day my CEL come on so i took it to Autozone and was told to check all fuses and if all checked out good then it might be my computer.So I'm lost and kinda worried. I've replaced the fuses on the back of the unit and the fuse under the hood. I did the wiring myself and all checked out okay with the wiring harness and had been working great for a year. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

·
Registered
9 Posts
From your description, seems like your receiver is doing shut-down protection. Check positive [+] wires that may have come in contact with ground or other wires. If you bolted the ground [-] wire to the body, make sure it's not loose either. And If you upgraded your speakers, check their connections too.

If you performed all the checks and yet the receiver still shuts down, it could be an internal malfunction. I'd yank it off before it does further damage to your car's electrical, especially if it has triggered CEL.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Help! My Kenwood Double Din car Cd stereo keeps shutting off and resetting?
I have a Kenwood DDX319. I've had it for about 1 1/2 years and it's been a great DVD receiver. But now it keeps shutting down and resetting. It does it when the volume is too high or even when it's low. Sometimes it stays on for a half hour and sometimes it turns off after 5 minutes. One time it made all my indication lights blink for 3 seconds. The next day my CEL come on so i took it to Autozone and was told to check all fuses and if all checked out good then it might be my computer.So I'm lost and kinda worried. I've replaced the fuses on the back of the unit and the fuse under the hood. I did the wiring myself and all checked out okay with the wiring harness and had been working great for a year. Does anyone know what the problem could be?
Kinda sounds like you could have a speaker wire grounding either behind the head unit or anywhere in between there and the speaker. I have seen that cause radios to over heat and turn off from it and go into a "protect" mode. Check connections and make sure they are all good and no bare wire is exposed anywhere!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.