Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Honda Accord 4 cyl. navi. The key won't roll down the windows remotely (pressing the unlock button, then releasing, then holding the unlock button) or in the lock (turning it to the right once to unlock then again holding it). However, they do roll up using the key. The auto windows for both the driver and passenger works for both up and down, and the back windows roll down as well. I haven't had an issue electronically with the car, and no problems using anything, except getting the clock to adjust to the right time (different problem). Does anyone have an idea or some troubleshooting techniques I can try before buying parts? Any help is much appreciated.

· V6 Supremacist 😎
Victus - 2012 Honda Accord (EX-L V6)
2,241 Posts
As far as I remember, you need to press the unlock button Twice and then the third press hold it down.
somone will correct me if im wrong
Has using the key fob worked for you in the past?
Nope, just hold down on second press, you don't need a third press.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
As far as I remember, you need to press the unlock button Twice and then the third press hold it down.
somone will correct me if im wrong
Has using the key fob worked for you in the past?
It will intermediately work at times. It worked this morning, but it wouldn't work last night.

@atomicclock - Got another fob you can try?
I do, but the battery died in that one, I'll give it a try when I get a chance, however, using the key in the door doesn't work to roll up or down the windows.

Thanks , been awhile since I used it mine only works when its above 17degrees C
Funny you should say that, I was thinking it might be a temperature issue, which lead me to believe the car battery might need to be replaced (since batteries are affected by the temperature). Before I go and make purchases, I want to line my ducks in a row first.

Wait, we have this feature?! Gonna try it now..

Double or triple press didn't work for me. :cry:
I've read some models don't come with the feature. I know my buddy tried it with his honda, but it didn't work for him either. See if it's in your manual. (If you have time that is)

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
FYI, Rolling down (when it works) is with the fob or key in the door. Rolling up is only available via the key.
This I already know. I've tried to roll up and down using the key, and tried rolling down the windows with the key fob. The issue is that it works intermediately and I need help troubleshooting the issue before I go and make purchases and waste money.

· V6 Supremacist 😎
Victus - 2012 Honda Accord (EX-L V6)
2,241 Posts
I've read some models don't come with the feature. I know my buddy tried it with his honda, but it didn't work for him either. See if it's in your manual. (If you have time that is)
Maybe older years, but every model year that I know of since at least 2005, probably earlier, has this feature.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts