Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I LOVE ACCORDS
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my accord for over six years now and i noticed yesterday my battery on my key fob started to fail. I had to insert my key to the door to disarm my car and open it, which i had never had to do. Anyways i was wondering how long you guys went before replacing your batteries on you keys?

·
Registered
685 Posts
Ive had mine for about 4 years and I feel that the range isnt as far because the battery is dieing. But I also use it a lot. I use the function that rolls down the windows all the time so that is why it dies much quicker.

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
My battery is going to be 5 years old in a couple of months, I thought about changing it a year ago but the voltage was still high when I measured with a multi-meter, so I put it back in......

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I have had my accord for over six years now and.......was wondering how long you guys went before replacing your batteries on you keys?
Circa 5.5 years since new: the range is down to approx. 4 parking spaces - maybe 30 - 35 feet. Dealer indicates they can replace at a reasonable cost. I understand the single screw removal can be a bear.

Car came with a second duplicate key: reckon I should see if it works.............

best, ez.....

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Seven years, and my key is starting to require multiple presses to lock/unlock, but the unlock feature seems to be holding up better :dunno: Maybe it's just me.

My lock/unlock markings are starting to fade out a little bit as well. Sweaty fingers FTL.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ive had mine for about 4 years and I feel that the range isnt as far because the battery is dieing. But I also use it a lot. I use the function that rolls down the windows all the time so that is why it dies much quicker.
how do you use the roll windows down function on the Fob? All I have is Trunk, unlock, and lock......

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Press unlock twice, hold down on the second try.

If only I had a nickel...

·
Registered
44 Posts
noone should charge you for replacing the little battery in your key fob, gimme a break! It's one tiny screw, just use a small phillips screwdriver, I bought one at Sears for like $2. The battery can be found at drugstore like Rite-Aid. CR something I forget exactly what, but when you take the old battery out it has the numbers printed right on it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just saw this video, and now I'm ready to go to Radio Shack to buy the battery.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Radio Shack batteries...

The battery was $5.41 (or so), but it works. I am a happy camper. My other key is still working fine, but I may replace its battery in a few months, just because.

·
Registered
28 Posts

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
My battery lasted 10 years before I had to replace it. Bought some CR1616s off eBay for other electronic devices as well. Simple replacement.

·
Registered
515 Posts
My OEM key battery lasted 10 years. But in the end I needed to keep in in my pants pocket to warm the battery to keep its voltage up.

Got a couple of replacement batteries on ebay for a buck or two.

Replacement is easy, but put no fingerprints on the battery as prints are salty sweat conductive and "shorts" the battery slowly but continuously.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts