Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Sport and the key fob stopped working. After replacing the battery and following every method I could find on these forums and online, it still will not work. The key fob lights up, but the trunk or doors won't unlock. They will, however, lock. I realized that I had my windshield in February and that might be the issue. Has anyone had this same issue?

· Registered
1,996 Posts
Try another known-good battery. Maybe you got a stale one? Happens a lot with the coin batteries, especially the really cheap ones from (gasp) China. A lot of them come in packages of many batts and they go bad in the package over time.

· Registered
2,496 Posts
My 2004 CR-V came with a FOB that would lock the doors one out of three times. Other buttons would do nothing. I took it to a key shop, they tested the fob; the test machine detected signals being sent out, which ruled out the FOB not sending possibility. Fast forward many months: I upgraded the joke of a battery that is 51R to a 24F, immediately after all the buttons on the FOB started working, or rather the car started responding. Get a decent battery. You are welcome.

· 8th Gen Believer
5,662 Posts
Take the front cover off the fob, it's one small phillips screw. They can accumulate dirt, dust and pocket fuzz.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.