Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched for a previous thread on disabling this feature but couldn't find one. Sorry if this has been asked!

When doing housework I keep accidentally triggering the feature on my key fob that rolls down all windows. It happened today and I noticed before there was too much rain in the car, but it's annoying. It's happened several times already accidentally and I was lucky it wasn't raining those days.

Is there a way to just disabled this feature? This seems like the sort of feature that would be great in California, but here in the northwest it's just rainy most the time. It's just more of a liability for me. I also park on the street so I'm just totally inviting someone to go through my car.

My car is a 2016 Accord touring, but I'm not sure how much the specific model matters.

·
2020 best year
4,116 Posts
I searched for a previous thread on disabling this feature but couldn't find one. Sorry if this has been asked!

When doing housework I keep accidentally triggering the feature on my key fob that rolls down all windows. It happened today and I noticed before there was too much rain in the car, but it's annoying. It's happened several times already accidentally and I was lucky it wasn't raining those days.

Is there a way to just disabled this feature? This seems like the sort of feature that would be great in California, but here in the northwest it's just rainy most the time. It's just more of a liability for me. I also park on the street so I'm just totally inviting someone to go through my car.

My car is a 2016 Accord touring, but I'm not sure how much the specific model matters.
That is triggered by tapping the unlock button once, and then hold down the unlock button.

It's weird that the button is triggered that easily.

I am pretty sure you cannot disable it without mods...

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
When I'm home I just take the key fob out of my pocket and put on my dresser where it stays during the night.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I keep accidentally triggering the feature on my key fob that rolls down all windows.

Is there a way to just disabled this feature?
Wasn't even aware of this feature. :0

Wild shot, but can you disable that by using the window lock button on the driver's door? :dunno:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Is this feature available on all models? Won't seem to work on my 2017 Sport SE. So you press the unlock, then hold the button on second press?

----------------------------------
2017 Sport SE White Orchid Pearl

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
A fob case or cover can stop unintended button presses. I use a leather fob case I got on Amazon which covers the buttons completely - never once had an unintended button press and I carry the fob in my pocket with a separate key ring and a pocket knife as well.

But, I also never actually use the fob (never leaves my pocket) so don't have to ever get accesss to the buttons (a case or cover could be annoying if you do use the fob and its buttons regularly).

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
While there are various settings about changing how the car works, I don't think there is one for that, at least in my '14 there isn't.

·
Registered
126 Posts
The unlock button needs to be pressed down for long to roll windows down....what's keeping that button pressed in ur pants is a mystery....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Elvira - the car
3,495 Posts
Is this feature available on all models? Won't seem to work on my 2017 Sport SE. So you press the unlock, then hold the button on second press?

It appears that from other threads folks with the Sport model and maybe the LX that still uses a physical key, this feature is not available. It seems to be limited to SmartEntry ? owners EX, EX-L, Touring.

If that is not true, owners of LX and Sport will know.

·
Registered
37 Posts
It appears that from other threads folks with the Sport model and maybe the LX that still uses a physical key, this feature is not available. It seems to be limited to SmartEntry ? owners EX, EX-L, Touring.

I guess that makes sense as to why it won't work for me. Thanks for your input. :p

·
Registered
1,379 Posts

LX and sport do not have this feature.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Wild shot, but can you disable that by using the window lock button on the driver's door? :dunno:
So now I can remotely open both windows and the moon roof on my '16 Accord Coupe EX. I can even control how far the roof opens by how long I press Unlock.

But my theory failed. If I engage the window lock with the button on driver's door, the remote still opens both of them and the moon roof. And I had to release the lock button in order to close the passenger window after my test failed.

Was worth a try... :jumping:

·
Registered
322 Posts
I bought this keyfob case:

LHO06-2-A leather keyfob case

Expensive, yes. But it's nice.

Note that the snap button on the case is directly on top of the "lock" button of the keyfob. If something accidentally presses on the case, it locks the car.

There, your $17 solution.

·
2020 best year
4,116 Posts
Yep, I had the thought of using the driver side window lock as well. Funny that it doesn't work.

That's actually a hidden feature on most cars, actually.

·
2020 best year
4,116 Posts
One thing I am curious about, for 9th Gen owners:

Is there a shortcut for you to close every window and sunroof?

On my 8th Gen, if I plug my key into the door lock, I can turn it counterclockwise once to lock the doors, and another time and hold it there to close my windows and sunroof. But 9th Gen has the push button start, so I am not sure how this is incorporated. Can you use your backup key blade to do this?

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
One thing I am curious about, for 9th Gen owners:

Is there a shortcut for you to close every window and sunroof?

On my 8th Gen, if I plug my key into the door lock, I can turn it counterclockwise once to lock the doors, and another time and hold it there to close my windows and sunroof. But 9th Gen has the push button start, so I am not sure how this is incorporated. Can you use your backup key blade to do this?
No. I think this is a US rule, since my BMW also only opens the windows, but in Europe, it can close them too. So it is all programming., and coders on the BMW blog have done it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts