Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I went to unlock my car with the keyfob and nothing. I tried every button and nothing. The key fob red light did light up every time I pressed a button. I was able to walk up to the car, unlock it and start up the car.

Okay fine. Maybe my keyfob is low on battery. So I decided to use my spare to see if it works. I tried every button and no reaction.

Heres what I have done:
- Replace keyfob battery
- Check for blown fuses
- Check battery

The keyfob was working last night. Door unlocks and locks fine. This morning it just crapped out.

Not sure what is wrong. Do I need to reprogram the keyfobs?

I'll take it back to the dealer this week but If I can find a quick fix I rather save a trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Started having this same problem yesterday. Neither FOB works as far as the buttons go, but the the indicator light flashes when pressed. However the NFC or whichever tech works when you put your hand on the door it unlocks and you can crank it as normal.

Any suggestions for fix or what caused it to happen?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Does it work when you try it when you are elsewhere? Could it be from interference from something around you?

·
Registered
227 Posts
No, they do not work at all. I have my same gadgetry handy that I use on a daily basis and the Driver 2 FOB remains in my key cabinet at home so not sure why that one wouldn't work either as I never use it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There's a TSB out on this problem (13-038). Apparently the control unit can go bad and the keyfobs stop working but the door handle works without a problem. I had mine fixed yesterday under warranty. They were able to diagnose it in only a few minutes but did need to order parts. You may want to call ahead to save some time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts