Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2017 Honda Accord, and offlate my keyfob / keyless access remote transmitter is not functioning like it used to be.

It does not lock / unlock car unless i am right next to the doors of the car, i have been using just one of the key fob for almost last 2 years since the car purchase. When it started giving problem, i tried switching to the other one but to no benefit.

I have tried replacing the battery but of no use.

What else i can try before i head to dealer to spend any considerable money on it?

Thanks
PS

· Registered
1,986 Posts
Try a different battery. “New” coin batteries are notorious for being crap, especially when bought in packs off XX copies. They often come from China and, due to the fact that they stay in the pack so long before being used, are often bad right out of the pack. Buy a single copy of a well-known brand with a “good until” date on the pack.

Reactions: rlitman

· Registered
3,067 Posts
My '16 just turned 2.5 years old and I got a warning on the dash saying the fob battery was low a couple of days ago. I decided to use the spare fob, which has been in a drawer all this time, at least until I got around to replacing the battery in the first one.

And you guessed it...about a day later the 2nd fob started giving the low battery warning too, but it hadn't been used beyond the first day or so after I got the car and wanted to verify that both fobs worked.

So maybe the battery in your 2nd fob is dead too...Perfectly timed planned obsolescence!

New Energizer battery in fob 1 and all is good again.

· BRWNFLSH now
7,633 Posts
If the battery in the fob is low, the car should give you a message for it. Have you been removing any panels/working in the interior lately?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.