Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone!

My keyless entry remote broke down and my key fell off. The key still works though. If I call Honda, they want to charge hundreds of dollars for new keys and are not very helpful on the phone.

I know I can buy a new set of key/remote for 15 bucks on E-bay, but I don't even need the key. Just the remote. Can I just buy one of those and replace the key myself? Any other advice?

2003 Honda Accord :)

Thank you!

·
I <3 My Honda
3,918 Posts
Do an advanced search on the 7th Gen section - I know that there is a post on how to program a new key fob to your car. I believe it's under a post related to upgrading to the Acura TL flip key fob

Then you can decide if you want to open up the new fob and insert your old key or go to the dealership just to have them cut the new key to match the existing set

:thmsup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Ben!

I just tore apart my remote, and turns out I don't even need a new transmitter. I just picked up a new case from Amazon and hopefully I'll be able to put it together haha :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.