Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a big fan of Subaruwrxfan's videos but I was kind of let down after he gave a not-so-great review about the 2012 v6 accord coupe (even though I have an i4 haha). But who cares? We love our 8th gens, right?! :smile:smile

·
All my wats
90 Posts
Umm...you know...umm...ahh...you know...umm...

I bought mine over other options simply because it wasn't as sporty, small, or highly-strung. A "grand tourer" is exactly what I wanted since I can only have one car. Spending lots of time on the highway, I'm glad I got the V6 instead of something with a turbo but less power, until we start talking about modding. Putting on aftermarket suspension eliminates all the numbness in the steering, body roll, and squat/dive.

His conclusion made me laugh. "There's lots of better options for the money"...lists the Mustang and Challenger which arguably need aftermarket parts to feel sportier. "There's lots of better Hondas for the money"...lists a Civic Si and 10+ year old S2k as options. Lol! Yeah, I want an S2k but not for half the year.

·
Yes, I'm a girl.
1,649 Posts
There's people who prefer tiny cars and people who like a little more room. I've done both. At this point in my life, I don't feel the Civic is a better choice for me. Clearly he's a person who does and that makes his entire opinion pretty irrelevant to me.

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,708 Posts
Part of Honda's "problem" is they're not really edgy most of the time. They want to build a car that will work for 99% of people. Look at all the whiners who think the stock suspension is too stiff when in reality the Accord is a marshmellow compared to sport suspensions.

·
Registered
688 Posts
civic si is a teenagers car and is very small and has no power.

that guy needs a 6-6 in his life. ive raced many cars from g37's to a 335i bmw to maximas and i beat them ALL

i will never sell my 2011 6-6 in belize blue pearl!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Who cares? Nobody wants exactly the same thing as everybody else.

Keep living your own life not by buying what others tell you to buy, but buying what you want.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am a fairly young person myself and I don't really understand what the big to-do with the Civic is to be honest. I test drove several of both the Civic and the Accord Coupe and I can with utmost certainty say that the Accord is a far superior in every angle. Its faster, more comfortable, and handles way better.
I was told that I should just go buy a Civic and could have bought one brand new, but I went with the better car.

·
Black Coupe v6 EX-L '12
49 Posts
I saw this too, and it bummed me out as I just purchased a '10 i4 sedan a few weeks ago..
Tell me about it, i have the same exact accord that hes showing lol.
But everyone has their own personal opinions. Hes reviewed other cars I thought different of.

·
Registered
21 Posts
His conclusion made me laugh. "There's lots of better options for the money"...lists the Mustang and Challenger which arguably need aftermarket parts to feel sportier. "There's lots of better Hondas for the money"...lists a Civic Si and 10+ year old S2k as options. Lol! Yeah, I want an S2k but not for half the year.
^ This.

This reviewer was everywhere with his thoughts. Not a review I'd take advice from although I somewhat agreed with the center dash. He had a blast flooring the car in 'sport mode' then all of a sudden it doesn't "do it" for him lol.

Different strokes for different folks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts