Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!
I own a 2007 Accord EX-L 3.0 and I'm hearing a weird knocking noise only on reverse.
Breaking doesn't matter to the sound. Plus the car tends to vibrate sometimes.
Here's a link for a video so you guys can get a better idea.
New video by Patrick .C

Thank you for taking the time!

·
Honda Enthusiast
2017 CR2 Sport 6MT CBP
2,579 Posts
Check your motor mounts.

Reactions: Pat92076

·
Registered
192 Posts
And your transmission mounts. It could be exhaust system related as well. When it's cool, give the tail pipe a wiggle and listen to the exhaust pipes and heat shields to hear if they might be creating the sound you hear in the cabin.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And your transmission mounts. It could be exhaust system related as well. When it's cool, give the tail pipe a wiggle and listen to the exhaust pipes and heat shields to hear if they might be creating the sound you hear in the cabin.
I checked the engine mount and they seemed ok, no considerable cracks.
Ill check the transmission mount next.
The sound really seems to be coming from front right, almost near the belt.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Jack up the front end and turn the wheels by hand, with engine off of course, and listen for the sound from the running gear like axle cv joints, wheel bearings, brake pads against rotors - even though it isn’t affected by braking a sticking caliper can create a sound and vibration when the brakes aren’t applied as well. Also check the anti-sway bar connections. Failing bushings - where the bar is attached, can cause this sound when backing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jack up the front end and turn the wheels by hand, with engine off of course, and listen for the sound from the running gear like axle cv joints, wheel bearings, brake pads against rotors - even though it isn’t affected by braking a sticking caliper can create a sound and vibration when the brakes aren’t applied as well. Also check the anti-sway bar connections. Failing bushings - where the bar is attached, can cause this sound when backing.
Okk awesome! Thanks, I'll give it a try!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All right thank you for your help, well appreciated! The issue was indeed the engine mount, I had a thick layer of grease on top so I didnt saw the cracks! This bad boy was totally shot!

Anyhow, thank you a lot for your help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts