Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon -

I have a 2015 Accord Sport that is completely stock from a suspension standpoint with the exception of an Ultra Racing 19mm rear sway bar and an Ultra Racing front upper strut bar. I have had both of these on my car for about a year. Both upgrades have made tremendous difference in handling and the car rides great. However, about 3 weeks ago I started hearing a knocking noise from under the car when mainly turning right, but sometimes on uneven road surfaces. The car rides fine, and I feel no difference, but I was wondering if anyone had any idea what might be causing it? I will add that I never noticed this until I had purchased some firewood and had my trunk loaded with firewood for the winter. I realize that's a lot of weight, but I didn't think it would be any more than 3 passengers in the back seat or exceed any weight limits. My guesses would be either shocks, springs or end links of the sway bar but I have no idea. It could be as simple as something just needing lubrication. I do plan to get the suspension components looked at, but before I did I just wanted to run this by the group.

Thanks.

·
Dsclmr:DIY @ YourOwnRisks
1,205 Posts
Some got fixed by torqueing the top mount bolts, top hat bolt, or the strut top hat itself. Others had the same noise and got fixed with TSB is number A12-082 . good luck and let us know the result.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some got fixed by torqueing the top mount bolts, top hat bolt, or the strut top hat itself. Others had the same noise and got fixed with TSB is number A12-082 . good luck and let us know the result.
Thank you very much!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem with my accord 14 LX when i was turning right, the solution was very simple, a plastic mud panel was loose. All i did was to screw it together with another panel and the problem was solved. I visited the dealer and he told me that there was an "unusual" noise in my steering rack and that i needed to change the complete steering parts, and that was about 2,000 USD, not including labor!!
I spent 50 Cents buying the screws and the problem was solved.
This may be your case too, try to determine where the noise is coming from. My brother helped me out moving the car forward and backward with the steering wheel completely turned right. I noticed that the noise was there just when going forward. That's because the mud panel was in favor when going backward, with no noise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts