Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Ive been waiting for this for a long time... must sell my HFP then I will seriously considering getting this.

·
Low Gear
2,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can someone explain the 15mm part? The spring will sit on the perch. So we can set the perch 15mm lower. In summary, lower the car by 15mm? It is NOT compressing the springs. It just makes it sit lower, correct?

·
08 Accord V6 Coupe w/ NAV
3,260 Posts
Only for sedan?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Called the tech support and no word on MSRP, was advised to call within a few months since it is still in production for testing.

·
Brake/Suspension Geek
115 Posts
Wow, great news!

Sedan should fit coupe/vice versa.
If anything, the slightly stiffer valving of the shock 'tuned' for the sedan (assuming they went that far with it) should benefit the coupes with a bit more rotation.

The FSD is the more interesting option to me. It looks like the sports are 'inserts'...
;(

·
Registered
41 Posts
sorry for the noob question but how do these compare to coilovers? what's th difference between buying a set of these and lowering springs vs megan ez streets or something along those lines? :dunno:

·
Registered
382 Posts
--KONI coilovers are the BEST shocks available to man(as far as I know?)??

BUT, I'm guessing the price will be high, probly $2,000.00/pair....

-I'll still buy them(Maybe?) because great reputation(in the racingWorld & streetrod world)--& they'll be RE-Buildable.

-I've been waiting for KONI to make these for our cars!!

·
Brake/Suspension Geek
115 Posts
sorry for the noob question but how do these compare to coilovers? what's th difference between buying a set of these and lowering springs vs megan ez streets or something along those lines? :dunno:
Imagine shock dampening/valving actually *designed* for the car you're putting it on, and then adjustment knobs (on the sports, not FSD) that ACTUALLY do something, and do it consistently.

Thats the advantage.

You would likely want to use them with Ground Control sleeve/springs to get the most out of them - allowing you to customize spring rates, lower the car & corner balance the car.

In doing that, you've now replicated the set-up of 95% or so of all auto-X/Solo drivers (who aren't using 10K Penske/Moton set-ups) - its not an accident so many people use this set-up.

·
lol wut
570 Posts
Dang really good news!
+1 Drew for the find!
And yeah I'm assuming in regards to the spring perch, that it is designed so you can lower it 15mm to go even lower should you want or need it.

·
Low Gear
2,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And yeah I'm assuming in regards to the spring perch, that it is designed so you can lower it 15mm to go even lower should you want or need it.
I was thinking of just a 15mm drop over OEM. So it's kind of like having a 2 chubby friends in the car type of look.

Not low, just sort of button down OEM look.

·
Brake/Suspension Geek
115 Posts
I was thinking of just a 15mm drop over OEM. So it's kind of like having a 2 chubby friends in the car type of look.

Not low, just sort of button down OEM look.
Do you mean the purpose of it?
Kinda - but only if you use it with stock springs.

Its meant to give you an additional balancing option with the aftermarket sport spring of your choice.
So if its a non-adjustable spring, you can fairly easily move the rear of the car 15mm higher or lower to transfer more weight the direction of your move & therefore dial handling traits in or out.

A lot of Koni's have this feature and its pretty handy.

If you aren't as concerned about handling, it lets you slightly tweak your ride height to make the back drop more even with the front drop (& vice versa).

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Do you mean the purpose of it?
Kinda - but only if you use it with stock springs.

Its meant to give you an additional balancing option with the aftermarket sport spring of your choice.
So if its a non-adjustable spring, you can fairly easily move the rear of the car 15mm higher or lower to transfer more weight the direction of your move & therefore dial handling traits in or out.

A lot of Koni's have this feature and its pretty handy.

If you aren't as concerned about handling, it lets you slightly tweak your ride height to make the back drop more even with the front drop (& vice versa).

If my car will only ever be used for street use but I still want the most optimal ride comfort , do you still recommend ground control kit with konis over just springs and Koni yellows. Does ground control allow further lowering or just spring rate adjustment?

Also, from some research ive been doing, it seems people say the FSD are more suited for stock springs? Also the handling can be a bit unpredictable due to the auto dampening. I like how the FSD come with eibach springs in a kit, but I prefer the manual ability to adjust dampening as well as the 15mm height adjustment.

·
Banned
1,951 Posts
are you serious?

these are available from throwdown performance and have been available for a while

189 per shock so for all 4 it will be $756 total

http://throwdownperformance.com/ind...ct_info&cPath=219_1_2_4_1478&products_id=4871

not sure how know one ever knew about it lol but they have been available,

and i would definately get these,

756 plus around 200 for lowering springs puts at a little under 1000 bucks. thats pretty good and close to very high quality coilovers but your getting one of the best shocks available. koni yellow are incredible, my brother has them on his 2006 civic si and hes lowered on sportlines. amazing ride quality

·
Michael
3,336 Posts
A friend at work just got Koni Yellow and Eibach Pro Kit for his 1993 MR2. They're an awesome combination. And yeah, they designed it for the Sedan, but fits the Coupe just fine as others have said.

·
Low Gear
2,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
are you serious?

these are available from throwdown performance and have been available for a while
Yes, and no. Yes, they have been for a while, I'm sure as the original date was summer I think. No, there are others like myself that have been put off by the delays, and have not followed up. So I was just trying to bump up an old thread to get some reviews a feedback. I have not come across any new discussions here.

·
Banned
1,951 Posts
ohh you know what, my fault lol i apologize i didnt even look at the date this was posted.

but yeah anway koni yellows are one of the best shocks made for street use. i would trust these over coilovers

1 - 20 of 32 Posts