Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 275 Posts

·
Sales
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Accord 2.0T Extended Testing ? ктuпeг, LLC

An amazing amount of info here that I copyed and paste from the website, lots of testing...you can follow the link for the whole sales ad but i'll post some highlights here...some things to remember, all tests unless noted were run on 93 Octane, and comparisons run on the same dyno thingy...never compare numbers

·
REV29K
556 Posts
Metfanant, I'm starting to think you work for KTuner or Hondata :) or you're hoping for a free flash upgrade for your car. LOL, either way those are some nice numbers. I'm not a guy who usually mods his car but the flash upgrades are so easy and relatively inexpensive, with measurable power gains. I also like the way it's easy to return the car back to stock at any time.

I'll probably do a flash upgrade on my car, but will probably wait a few months to let the car get a few miles on the car first.

·
Sales
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Metfanant, I'm starting to think you work for KTuner or Hondata
or you're hoping for a free flash upgrade for your car. LOL, either way those are some nice numbers. I'm not a guy who usually mods his car but the flash upgrades are so easy and relatively inexpensive, with measurable power gains. I also like the way it's easy to return the car back to stock at any time.

I'll probably do a flash upgrade on my car, but will probably wait a few months to let the car get a few miles on the car first.
Hahaha.... Purchased mine just like everyone else but got a huge 75% off "insider" discount

·
Sales
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome post, thank you.
What tune do you have and what are your thoughts on it?
Still waiting on my car to be delivered lol...according to my salesperson, it was scheduled to be manufactured this past week...just waiting on the VIN#

Which option did you buy?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
i bought the v1.2...didn't need the screen...the TunerView Android app will show all the readouts through Bluetooth connection, and you can flash the tunes right from the phone app

·
port & polish everything
1,554 Posts
That last dyno says it all, a 2.0T with just a reflash makes a lot more power everywhere under 5500 rpm and still more total area under the curve, compared to a full bolt on and tuned V6 6MT.

·
Registered
239 Posts
One thing i need clarification on, is when you buy the KTuner you get access to both stages and it's totally up to you on which one you decide to flash your ECU with?
In the VW/Audi world, they had the pricing set up so Stg 1 you pay X amount of dollars, and if you want to upgrade to Stg2 down the road it's an extra fee. Unless you buy Stg 2 right off the bat and that immediately gives you access to all the stages below that.

·
Sales
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One thing i need clarification on, is when you buy the KTuner you get access to both stages and it's totally up to you on which one you decide to flash your ECU with?
In the VW/Audi world, they had the pricing set up so Stg 1 you pay X amount of dollars, and if you want to upgrade to Stg2 down the road it's an extra fee. Unless you buy Stg 2 right off the bat and that immediately gives you access to all the stages below that.
Nope, you buy the hardware and we give all the base tunes.

·
Registered
133 Posts
^^^. That is a really good question as others may use my vehicle and don’t want them “ joyburningtires “ lol.

·
Sales
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
With the ktuner, is the tune always on? You have to go back to flash to go back to stock?

^^^. That is a really good question as others may use my vehicle and don’t want them “ joyburningtires “ lol.
The way the system is currently setup is that the econ button returns the car to stock boost levels...

·
Sales
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you for this info! So this tune will work with 2.0 10 speed? Just making sure.

it was developed and tested on a MT car, the flash unit supports AT cars so yes...but as always, not our fault if you destroy your car lol or dealer voids warranty.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Looking at some of the threads in the Performance section begs the question then....Hondata or Ktuner? I'm sure both companies are very reputable and they are both working in similar time frame at releasing stage 1 / Stage 2 tunes. I come from Ford/Subaru which used Cobb accessports, so, I'd love to hear thoughts on this. My goal is not tuning myself, but, just flash to one of the maps provided by the vendor and enjoy it.

·
Sales
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looking at some of the threads in the Performance section begs the question then....Hondata or Ktuner? I'm sure both companies are very reputable and they are both working in similar time frame at releasing stage 1 / Stage 2 tunes. I come from Ford/Subaru which used Cobb accessports, so, I'd love to hear thoughts on this. My goal is not tuning myself, but, just flash to one of the maps provided by the vendor and enjoy it.
I don't think there is a clear cut consensus as there is with some other makes of car...both are going to give great results.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Since my Ram and my Legacy were both “ flashed “ with tunes, I’ve really enjoyed those benefits. My Subaru has a Cobb which I love. It’s a set it and forget it mindset. That’s exactly what I am looking for with my Accord.

·
Sales
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
why can't I go back and edit the OP of my own sales thread anymore? It would make much more sense to be able to add this to the OP! I have a sales quota to make this month

1 - 20 of 275 Posts
About this Discussion
274 Replies
72 Participants
CrippleRipple
Drive Accord Honda Forums
Drive Accord forum, a community where Honda Accord owners can discuss reviews, service, parts, and share mods.
Full Forum Listing