Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

261 - 280 of 292 Posts

·
port & polish everything
1,569 Posts
ktuner worked on bootcamp when I tried it a couple years ago. Last I checked you can buy a windows 10 key for ~$20 from scdkey.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Well I got the tune loaded and about had a heart attack when I went for a drive and the warning lights didn’t clear..lol.. I drove through the neighborhood for 10 minutes and they were still flashing, I restarted the car and they were still flashing. I reloaded the factory tune and went out for an extended drive and the lights cleared. I think it just needed me to get the car up to speed and drive in some traffic to reset everything. I went back home and reloaded the tune and went back out on the same drive and the warnings cleared so all was good in the end. After testing several settings and tunes I decided I like the stage 2 dual target tune best with responsiveness for throttle and turbo set to 1 and no early spool. For me I felt settings 2 on responsiveness were just to touchy and with all the K control talk I figured I could easily live without early spool. I’m not drag racing the car I just wanted a little more punch for passing, merging, and just having a little fun. Over all I’m thrilled with the way the car responds with this tune and for anyone flashing their car make sure you go out for a decent test drive to clear the warnings, not just down your residential street.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys so I just received my k tuner in the mail. When going to tune I saw there are 3 base map options for stage 2. There’s regular stage 2, then dual target 1 and dual target 2. I’m kinda just testing each one out right now to see if there’s a difference on each one and if there is any at all. Im just trying to find a basemap where stage 2 is in all modes which is eco mode normal mode and sport mode.

·
Registered
442 Posts
That's the base map, not dual targets. I am just running stage 2 base with early spool.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's the base map, not dual targets. I am just running stage 2 base with early spool.
Oh okay, I’m just trying to figure out the differences between regular stage 2 and it’s duel target counter parts. Also did you change throttle response? I’m just new to all of this.

·
Banned
21 Posts
Oh okay, I’m just trying to figure out the differences between regular stage 2 and it’s duel target counter parts. Also did you change throttle response? I’m just new to all of this.
See me for 25% off

I do race my car on the street- that is why I am crippled.

·
Registered
4 Posts
See me for 25% off
Advanced VSA, moderate cut setting is in the Ktuner software? I never saw it in the quick enables or any other setting after choosing my selected basemap. I guess I turn off cruise control then it will pop up in k tuner? And you recommend just regular stage 2. And I don’t think I can get tuner view on my phone I’m pretty sure that’s only restricted for Android I have apple

·
Registered
758 Posts
Anyone else notice the map numbers on the website don’t match the numbers in the software? The website has maps 2 / 2.0 / and 2.1 where the software has 2 / 2.1 / and 2.2? I know the software really isn’t listing numbers so to speak but would be nice if everything matched exactly. Also is there a way to verify which map you have loaded in the car? Maybe by plugging in the device to the pc used to load the tune?

·
Registered
111 Posts
The last page of posts have really been helpful. It took me the bulk of last evening but I got everything figured out and loaded the Stage 1 dual mode. I guess it was “OK.” I never really floored it as I just wanted to see the difference in normal driving. Meh...I think I’ll have to try Stage 2. I don’t have early spool enabled but I have throttle setting at max. Will stage 2 be more noticeable when just driving “normally?”

When I tuned my 3.5EB F150 with a mild tune, I was like “holy damn!” I was hoping to get the same from stage 1.;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
When you owned your 1.5t did you have it tuned? And if you did how was the power compared to the 2.0? I never got a chance to drive both versions so I’m wondering what the difference in power is between both and if a 1.5t tuned can compete with a 2.0 stock.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Has anyone figured out what a decebt Knock Control value should be? I installed ktuner this morning and flashed the stage 2 dual tune. My idle knock was 0.59. When i was flooring it on the highway, i saw as high as 0.79.

2019 Honda Accord Sport 2.0t 10AT

·
Registered
758 Posts
The last page of posts have really been helpful. It took me the bulk of last evening but I got everything figured out and loaded the Stage 1 dual mode. I guess it was “OK.” I never really floored it as I just wanted to see the difference in normal driving. Meh...I think I’ll have to try Stage 2. I don’t have early spool enabled but I have throttle setting at max. Will stage 2 be more noticeable when just driving “normally?”

When I tuned my 3.5EB F150 with a mild tune, I was like “holy damn!” I was hoping to get the same from stage 1.;)
I posted this reply a few days ago but seems I used the S word to describe the type of grin and got myself suspended for a few days...lol...

(Original post without type of grin)
You should be able to feel stage 2 quite well in the low to mid rpm but you have to build boost to really feel it. Flash the stage 2 map and give it about 3/4 throttle around 2500rpms and you should get a big grin...lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
good afternoon
anyone after flash 1.5t
took measurements 0-60, 1/4 mile ?
and maybe someone in stock condition was taking measurements yet ?

·
Registered
758 Posts
good afternoon
anyone after flash 1.5t
took measurements 0-60, 1/4 mile ?
and maybe someone in stock condition was taking measurements yet ?
You might be hard-pressed to find anyone that has track experience for 1.5 L accord. It’s just not the type of car you take to the track to get these measurements, most owners add a Ktuner to give the car more pep in their daily Drive and have little desire to record actual numbers. You can feel the additional power especially with the stage two map, it raises the fun level and the driving experience and that’s all that matters to most owners.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Well said. It gives some nice oomph, and in sport mode around town, it will plant you in the seat if you need to go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I took stock measurements 1.5t
0-100km - 7.3s
1/4 mile - 15.0s
I was very pleased with the results
Now it’s interesting to install Ktuner and once again measure and compare the difference

261 - 280 of 292 Posts