Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

281 - 292 of 292 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
I figured the 1.5T was a 7-second range car, its funny when people act like this is slow, it isn't. And it is a lot more fun with my Ktuner installed. No idea on 0-60, never tested. Its fun to drive, especially in sport mode. I personally do not need a faster car than the way it is now with current mods, I will get myself into trouble (already can lol).

·
Registered
72 Posts
Some of us wondering really how much it improves the car. Thinking a stopwatch test to 60mph would give us a rough idea.......

·
Registered
39 Posts
Should be getting my KTuner V2 in the next few days here. From what ive read here and elsewhere, Im looking to do Stage 2 dual tune, Advanced VSA on, no early spool, and mild on the turbo/throttle response (not sure if its a 1-5 thing etc.). 1.5t 6mt, but looking for the most linear power delivery, dont need crazy boost down low, but certainly above 2-3k would like to feel significant torque. Does that sound about right, or have I misunderstood what other users have said/reported?

·
Registered
442 Posts
I use early spool on mine. I think the 2.0 guys are having some issues with it on.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Got the KTuner installed today and it definitely feels awesome. Ive only done a relatively short drive but man is it so much more fun to drive now. Hopefully i will write a more detailed review after i mess with it this weekend. I feel like theres not a lot of reviews specifically about the 1.5t so maybe itll help some people who are thinking about getting it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Has anyone experience any issue with his/her tuned 1.5T CVT Accord?

I'm mostly concerned about the CVT longevity with the base stage 1 or stage 2 tune. The base tunes seem to be safe for the 1.5T + CVT combo according to the civic forums.

·
HK Moderator
13,893 Posts
Has anyone experience any issue with his/her tuned 1.5T CVT Accord?

I'm mostly concerned about the CVT longevity with the base stage 1 or stage 2 tune. The base tunes seem to be safe for the 1.5T + CVT combo according to the civic forums.
Be VERY, VERY careful about what you read in the Civic "forums". Members/"influencers" such as Andy Boyd, Scotts Merkin, etc. and their multiple usernames have infected those forums with their pitches to sell their tuning products and to knock other tuners down. They frequent those forums pretending to be "enthusiasts", but really, they are salesmen.

We banned them (and "metfanant", a.k.a "Fat Tony") from DriveAccord. You can find them on Facebook and InstaScam, and other places where their bullcrap is bought by those lacking critical thinking. They partnered with a few companies selling other products- so sometimes they recommend intakes and such. Whoever pays them, they shill for. Whores....

Want proof? Ask them about longevity or known problems, and they just reply "Oh, just flash back to stock in the dealer's parking lot using your smart phone, and claim the car just died. It will be covered under warranty, lol". And my favorite, "To the best of my knowledge, the dealer can't tell that you flashed software."

Idiots....

·
Registered
3 Posts
I purchased my Ktuner 1.2 used on ebay and played around with stage 1 and stage 2 tunes, staying somewhat simple/conservative. Then I added the improved throttle and turbo responsiveness. Very happy. Then I built a tune with the factory settings and just increased the throttle/boost/spool response. Is anyone sharing tune files?

281 - 292 of 292 Posts