Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

41 - 60 of 288 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just emailed Ktuner about this and this Is what they said

“We have limited torque production down low on the AT, so you should be good! It may be that we learn they are more capable and increase it over time, but for now we want to keep it safe. The mid-range and top-end gains will be fully seen.”

And that’s regarding running stage 2? Smart. Prob helps not absolutely roasting tires from a dead stop. Now just need someone to test it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know I’m going to be cautious of agreesive launches well running the stage 2 tune, even stage 1 for that matter. Don’t want to be putting a transmission into a brand new car lol still need to decide what tune I’m going with

·
Registered
239 Posts
Just emailed Ktuner about this and this Is what they said

“We have limited torque production down low on the AT, so you should be good! It may be that we learn they are more capable and increase it over time, but for now we want to keep it safe. The mid-range and top-end gains will be fully seen.”
Perfect! I'd rather see it that way anyways. Nice progressive down low and full on later in RPM range!

·
Registered
132 Posts
KTuner thread for 10th Generation Accord Stage 1 and Stage 2 Tunes/Testing

Yes please share stage 2 if you flash it!

·
Registered
185 Posts
So I got my Ktuner and I am having problems getting it to communicate properly to my ECU on my 2018 Accord. One is I cannot get it to consistently connect to the ECU. It just says connecting, authenticating, disconnecting. Secondly, when it did say it connected, it gave me an error about "The ECU is not on the recovery list. You will need to contact KTuner. 37805-6B2-A550". My ECU is actually 37820-6B2-A55. This is what is stamped on my ECU and it shows as being supported on the Ktuner website. I actually took a picture of my ECU. I am running version 1.0.7.3 which has in the change log that it includes the 2018 accord. I posted this in the Ktuner forum as well.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I was able to get past the original problem. He had to update the software to work with my Ecu. He was quick to respond using that email address. Unfortunately, I had some other issues, apparently specific to my car's Ecu, that will keep me from flashing at this time. I hope to be able to try this again soon.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
I was going to test my 1.5 MT for Ktuner but found a great deal on something else I had to buy and at that point with the small discount provided by Ktuner it was just too much money to spend at once.

·
Banned
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Can the dealer tell that you have flashed and reflashed your ECU? Any honda techs out there know?
I'm shocked that its taken this long for someone to ask this question and even more shocked that nobody else seems to want an answer to this one.

Does anyone know?
I'm shocked that its taken this long for someone to ask this question and even more shocked that nobody else seems to want an answer to this one.

Does anyone know?
Isn't the answer obvious?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
This has been discussed...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Can anyone with 10auto share their experience with stage 1 flash? Also can we technically run stage 2 with Ktuner for the AT? Don’t think you can yet with Hondata. Sure I’m not the only one with the auto wanting to hear feedback on this!

Currently have a hondata was one of the lab rats for the 2.0 AT. Currently right now they haven't posted a stage 2 for the 2.0 AT. I think they just have it restricted to the MT. The stage 1 they have is great but I want more. Was looking into the ktuner cuz they have stage 1+2 out for both trans. But before I jump and buy another flash tuner I think I'll ask hondata what their plans are

·
Registered
251 Posts
I can only speak from my experience from flashing both my Ram and my Legacy, the dealers knew lol..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
132 Posts
Currently have a hondata was one of the lab rats for the 2.0 AT. Currently right now they haven't posted a stage 2 for the 2.0 AT. I think they just have it restricted to the MT. The stage 1 they have is great but I want more. Was looking into the ktuner cuz they have stage 1+2 out for both trans. But before I jump and buy another flash tuner I think I'll ask hondata what their plans are

They said they will soon be doing as of extensive testing on the AT as they did with the manual. So it’s just a madder if time!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Isn't the answer obvious?
So based on the response below from someone who clearly has done some research - not so obvious.

I KNOW that mods like this trip a flag in at least Audi's new A4 and the Golf R - which is why many opt for a piggy back controller instead.

I can only speak from my experience from flashing both my Ram and my Legacy, the dealers knew lol..
How do you know they knew? Did you tell them or did you bring it in for routine maintenance and they waved a finger at you and said tsk tsk ? :)

·
Registered
251 Posts
No lol I’ve had a great working relationship with both my service advisors and we shot the breeze about it. Now again the things I came in for service about were not attributed to the result of flashing. Also I’ve only ever gone what’s considered “ stage 1 “ on both vehicles. Just enough to add some fun factor to the vehicle.

Again this is only my personal experience based upon how I have done it. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
123 Posts
I thought I read somewhere in the civicx forum couple memebers getting their engines covered after it blew (users fault). It might vary dealer to dealer.

·
Registered
108 Posts
So based on the response below from someone who clearly has done some research - not so obvious.

I KNOW that mods like this trip a flag in at least Audi's new A4 and the Golf R - which is why many opt for a piggy back controller instead.

How do you know they knew? Did you tell them or did you bring it in for routine maintenance and they waved a finger at you and said tsk tsk ? :)
First Google hit for "blown engine warranty", the dude used Ktuner.
https://www.civicx.com/threads/hondata-r-d-finds-limit-of-civic-cvt.9957/page-19

It seems common sense that a car manufacturer would design its parts to leave some sort of forensic evidence if it's manipulated in any way. My advice is to assume the worst, don't expect to retain your powertrain warranty, and don't track the car.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Likely the reason he wasn't covered was because he drove the car wrong, over revving will damage an engine tune or no tune. These engines tend to lose power near redline anyways if I'm not mistaken so don't push it that far. I believe Hondata and/or Ktuner have rev limiter options so you maintain peak power, keep the turbo spooled, and limit wear.

I might be wrong about everything above so wait until someone with more knowledge fact checks me before assuming I'm right.

·
Banned
123 Posts

Yeah, our product can void your warranty if they find out. There software can see it.

Likely the reason he wasn't covered was because he drove the car wrong, over revving will damage an engine tune or no tune. These engines tend to lose power near redline anyways if I'm not mistaken so don't push it that far. I believe Hondata and/or Ktuner have rev limiter options so you maintain peak power, keep the turbo spooled, and limit wear.

I might be wrong about everything above so wait until someone with more knowledge fact checks me before assuming I'm right.
That guy wasn't covered because of his over rev code. It had nothing to do with his flash. The second the dealer sees that over rec code, its automatic denial of warranty.

As to over revving, yes you can set your rev limiter to what ever you want, but even if you have it set, if you miss shift and drop a gear instead of going up a gear, you are going to over rev the engine.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yeah, our product can void your warranty if they find out. There software can see it.

That guy wasn't covered because of his over rev code. It had nothing to do with his flash. The second the dealer sees that over rec code, its automatic denial of warranty.

As to over revving, yes you can set your rev limiter to what ever you want, but even if you have it set, if you miss shift and drop a gear instead of going up a gear, you are going to over rev the engine.
So, yes, Honda can find out but they have the burden of proving the ECU flash directly causing the issue?

41 - 60 of 288 Posts