Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Visited friends in IN this past weekend. Decided to extend the trip a little and take a few scenic drives.

Still editing the footage, but here's a clip you might enjoy.

KY32 https://goo.gl/maps/mq8GA

VIDEO LINK - download
VIDEO LINK - view

Here's a short clip. Most of the corners were done at 10-15 over recommended. The 35 mph recommended could easily be done at 50. Lots of elevation changes, some extreme. Off camber corners too. Not quite the dragon but close :)

I'll post more pics and clips later.

·
Registered
113 Posts
You need to take a driving trip through the Rockies or Sierras, on old U.S. or state routes, not the Interstate.

My brother used to live near Lake Tahoe in Incline Village, NV. I enjoyed driving Mount Rose Hwy between Reno and Incline.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Great video, thanks for posting it. It's like I'm in the car with you. I love road trips!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@CC, I've been through some of the backroads of CO. Similarly challenging stuff. I would preferred to have done this trip on the bike than car. I'm all for technical backroads. Sadly no bikes in my immediate future so the G will have to suffice.

I did learn many years back to never push it on unfamiliar roads. I'm sure the car would of handled more speed just fine but not the driver. It's been 2 years since I did a technical road trip like this. I bit rusty.

Here's another clip. Fast forward to 2:25 or so for some more exciting corners. Too bad this was after having spent 5+ hours on the super slab to get there. Highway driving takes effort.

As for the corners, keeping within the lines is important. Never know when someone might whip around and cut into your lane. Learned this very well on the motorcycle. The grades are as steep as they look.

VIDEO LINK - download
VIDEO LINK - view

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Beautiful remote scenic area i was waiting for sasquatch to cross the road in front of you.
Closest call with wildlife was a squirrel. It zagged just at the right time and missed getting run over. Some close calls with a few birds too.

It was refreshing to see some locals drive these roads well.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This software is pretty nifty. Combines the video with the track log from the garmin.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts