Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Motor City
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got them in 2 days ago ended up fully installing them yesterday night. Too excited for it so thought I might share :thmsup: The license plate bulbs are (168) and the Back-up lights are (7440), all from Retro-Solutions. I must say I thought the license plate bulbs were going to be too bright but they just hit the plate perfectly. I put up some pics, they look much nicer in person :) don't mind the napkin by the license plate:D

Attachments

·
Registered
836 Posts
looks good. is it legal tho to have blue reverse lights? thinking about doing that too

·
Motor City
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks good. is it legal tho to have blue reverse lights? thinking about doing that too
Thanks! Honestly I don't think so. I haven't looked it up but Cadillac makes their cars stock with LED reverse lights. Oh and their not blue their (white) with a touch of blue but they kinda look blue in the pictures tho.

·
Hollaway24
293 Posts
Looks good and yes blue reverse lights are illegal in all 50 states no red or blue reverse lights (i thinki)

·
Motor City
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it really bright compare to stock? How much did you spend
I think its brigther then the stock especially the license plate bulbs adds that "new car" feeling to the car. I actually had a friend stand behind the car when I put it in reverse to see how good they were, I was able to see his entire face perfectly in the rearview mirror. For the License plate bulbs (168) i payed $10 for a pair and $34.99 for the back-up bulbs also a pair. Came out to like 47 - 48 including shipping, Can't beat that especially when it comes with a lifetime warranty :). Nice little mod makes the back end look 10 times better, I say everyone should get them would bump hondas reputation up hahah

·
Generation 9
565 Posts
How did you change the back up lights?? I just did the plate light but now u got me interested in the back up lights..Did u have to take about the tail light housing?

·
Motor City
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How did you change the back up lights?? I just did the plate light but now u got me interested in the back up lights..Did u have to take about the tail light housing?
No, I read the manual it said just to pop out the screws and to pull the lining back to make room (there are 2 screws on each side of the lining to access the taillights). I tryed to do so but the lining was pretty hard to pull back and I didn't want to end up bending it out of place. So I just popped out the plastic lining where the trunk lock is at. Here put up some pics to make it easier for you, once you pop it out it pops back in easy. Replace the lights --> put the lineing back and the screws back ---> then just pop the plastic back on and your all set to go.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
No error messages or anything extra to install besides the bulbs?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts