Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As an owner of a 2015 Accord I am quite disappointed by lack of ergonomic design with the lack of visibility I have of the speedometer due to the seating position I use. I'm 5' 9" and to get road visibility in a comfortable position I have to lower the steering wheel which then blocks my visibility to the speedo & tac.

For me to see the guages while I'm driving, I have to reach down and loosen the adjustable steering wheel lever to enable me to see the guages; this is not a safe action while I'm driving! My other option is to duck under the steering wheel to see it, another unsafe act! Which one do you approve of?

In California driving with the speed of traffic is one method to calculate speed but it you will either be the stuck behind some ultra slow driver and risk being rear ended as a victim of road rage. The other is to enjoy the sportiness of this car a just start speeding with the Jones; again, both are hazards as well!

Now, without seeing the a picture of where the digital display would be I would hope it could be made visible along the sight line the steering column towards the bottom on the instrument panel which would provide visibility to many others for a safer driving experience.

Surely you redundancy neigh-sayers should not question an improved safety design and Honda should proudly provide this modification for safeties sake. Lets make it happen.

·
New to me
60 Posts
As an owner of a 2015 Accord I am quite disappointed by lack of ergonomic design with the lack of visibility I have of the speedometer due to the seating position I use.
Interesting.

When I drive our Accord, I have the tilt wheel all the way up, but I can't quite see the top of the speedo as it's blocked by the wheel.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Do you have a smart phone? If you do, get a speedometer app for it which will show you a digital speedometer, and it will probably be more accurate than the car speedo. Or, get a portable GPS which will show you a digital readout of your speed, also more accurate.

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Get a booster seat Mr 5’9”.
Hey now! I'm 5'9-3/4" tall! But then I don't have a problem placing the steering wheel so I can see the gauges and still drive comfortably. Must be that extra 3/4".....

·
8th Gen Believer
3,686 Posts
A recent comment by a higher up in the White House is applicable here. A guy named Mulvaney said "Get over it."

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had the same problem as you as I'm tall and like to sit with the steering wheel all the way down. Didn't want to post this problem since I expected the exact useless responses that I'm seeing in this thread.

Never had this issue on my Infinitis as both had telescoping steering wheels.

Solution is to get a heads up display that connects to your OBD.

·
Legitimate hack
1,614 Posts
Never had this issue on my Infinitis as both had telescoping steering wheels.
So does the Accord. I'm 6'3" and have no problem seeing my speedometer.

·
2016 Accord Coupe EX-L
120 Posts
So does the Accord. I'm 6'3" and have no problem seeing my speedometer.
I'm 5'10" and have no issues however I have the EXL version. OP didn't state what trim level he has but I'd guess his did not come with telescopic steering wheel.

·
2016 Accord Coupe EX-L
120 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Bottom line, Honda designed a system by which the steering wheel can be adjusted up, down, fore and aft so that drivers of almost any shape or size can adjust the steering wheel to a position where the gauges are clearly visible and the wheel is easy to reach from a generally normal sitting position. If you choose to sit in an unusual sitting position and/or put the steering wheel into a position which blocks your view of the gauges THAT IS YOUR CHOICE but certainly NOT a failure of Honda design and engineering.

·
Kimbo
20 Posts
As an owner of a 2015 Accord I am quite disappointed by lack of ergonomic design with the lack of visibility I have of the speedometer due to the seating position I use. I'm 5' 9" and to get road visibility in a comfortable position I have to lower the steering wheel which then blocks my visibility to the speedo & tac.

For me to see the guages while I'm driving, I have to reach down and loosen the adjustable steering wheel lever to enable me to see the guages; this is not a safe action while I'm driving! My other option is to duck under the steering wheel to see it, another unsafe act! Which one do you approve of?

In California driving with the speed of traffic is one method to calculate speed but it you will either be the stuck behind some ultra slow driver and risk being rear ended as a victim of road rage. The other is to enjoy the sportiness of this car a just start speeding with the Jones; again, both are hazards as well!

Now, without seeing the a picture of where the digital display would be I would hope it could be made visible along the sight line the steering column towards the bottom on the instrument panel which would provide visibility to many others for a safer driving experience.

Surely you redundancy neigh-sayers should not question an improved safety design and Honda should proudly provide this modification for safeties sake. Lets make it happen.
I am 5'9" as well and have NO problem seeing the gauges. Put the steering wheel so the top part is in line with the top of the dash above the instruments as you are sitting and looking forward. You will be looking over the dash/steering wheel that way and the gauges are visible through the upper half of the wheel as for everyone else.

·
Registered
41 Posts

You should sell your Honda as soon as possible. Your post is epic. It should be preserved as an example of how people who recycle dryer lint go about driving. You mention road rage,, I nearly became enraged reading your post. Are you really human? Are you really that anal? Ipity the poor people thkat attempt to serve you fast food in a drive through.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts