Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I guess the 1st thing I should do it just get to the point did the Honda Accord ever come in a factory V6 Turbo The reason I ask is the waitress at my local restaurant pulled up in a fairly new black Honda Accord and on the side in factory letters said V6 Turbo. When I spoke to her about it she said she didn't know that she bought it brand new from the dealer and it was expensive but she really liked it.

·
Turbo lag
1,154 Posts
I guess if the "Factory Letters" said so, it must did then...

But to genuinely answer your question, the answer is no.

·
On my second Accord.
2020 Sport 2.0T 6MT Still Night Pearl 1500 km. '07 Accord EX-L I4 Nav 5MT sold.
149 Posts
Do any Hondas even say "turbo"? All I got was a letter T. :)

·
Cruising in Montana
4,082 Posts
Only the latest (2018+) have turbos on them, but they are 4-cylinder cars only. Six-cylinder engines are no longer available on the Accord.

·
Super Clean
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T
27 Posts

Mine says Turbo 😜

·
Registered
734 Posts
No, but if you want a wild time, look up the Legend Wing Turbo from the 80’s... from back in the day when Honda created stuff just because they could.

·
Honda Enthusiast
2017 CR2 Sport 6MT CBP
2,907 Posts
The new TLX Type S will be the first V6 turbo offered by Honda.

·
Old Bird...sometimes wise
13,906 Posts
No such animal existed from the factory. She is either messing with you or her brain is "out to lunch" :ROFLMAO:.

Have you looked under the hood? Could be a four banger with V6 turbo stickers some ricer put on it.

·
Turbo lag
1,154 Posts
was the blow-through maf a packaging decision?
Yes, I know there are downsides to this, but I really just didn't want to rewire the MAF. Also, my tuner and I also realized afterwards that the blow-through MAF is largely unaffected by compressor surge.

·
ziptie princess
1,520 Posts
Yes, I know there are downsides to this, but I really just didn't want to rewire the MAF. Also, my tuner and I also realized afterwards that the blow-through MAF is largely unaffected by compressor surge.
no judgement, just curiosity- i've never done a blow-through maf (just the usual draw-through maf/vafm and standalones with map sensors) but the impression that i've gotten from people who use them is that yeah they're not perfect but they work

1 - 12 of 12 Posts