Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Variable Cylinder Mgmt
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lamin-X foglight/tailight protectors

I pissed away a beautiful afternoon trying to make my tinted Lamin-x tailight and fog light protectors fit on my 2010 Accord sedan.

I was completely patient and followed directions to the T. But the pieces just didn't fit well. Fog light protectors failed to cover the fog light lens leaving 1/8" around the lens unprotected...and it wasn't an even 1/8" around. Tail light protectors seem to have excess material around the compound portion of the light and bunched up although I got the remaining areas perfect.

Also - didn't dig the smoked color...something bugged me about the color of the tint. Looked a little purple. All precut pieces seemed to not fit well :rant:

I know :worthless ...but I was so pissed off i ripped those pieces off my car before i thought of taking pix. I plan to try sending my Lamin-X protectors back for a refund. I regret not taking pix for reference tho (I'll prob. need them for my refund).

Anyway just ranting :grumpy:

·
Registered
179 Posts
that sux man... I have installed my lamin-x precut film without problems... fits perfectly and looks great...

·
Registered
381 Posts
I pissed away a beautiful afternoon trying to make my tinted Lamin-x tailight and fog light protectors fit on my 2010 Accord sedan.

I was completely patient and followed directions to the T. But the pieces just didn't fit well. Fog light protectors failed to cover the fog light lens leaving 1/8" around the lens unprotected...and it wasn't an even 1/8" around. Tail light protectors seem to have excess material around the compound portion of the light and bunched up although I got the remaining areas perfect.

Also - didn't dig the smoked color...something bugged me about the color of the tint. Looked a little purple. All precut pieces seemed to not fit well :rant:

I know :worthless ...but I was so pissed off i ripped those pieces off my car before i thought of taking pix. I plan to try sending my Lamin-X protectors back for a refund. I regret not taking pix for reference tho (I'll prob. need them for my refund).

Anyway just ranting :grumpy:
They are not the easiest to apply no, but a heat gun (carefully) used goes a long way to make them fit. They are by no means easy.

·
VTAKKKK
1,154 Posts
They are not the easiest to apply no, but a heat gun (carefully) used goes a long way to make them fit. They are by no means easy.
Yup, you're supposed to heat them up and stretch them to fit. They won't fit just applying them out the box. Go grab your moms/sisters/cousins blow dryer and get to work.

·
Variable Cylinder Mgmt
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lamin-X assistance

I am sorry to hear of your experience with our products. Please contact me if you have any interest in discussing this further - I can be reached at [email protected] (please include your order number)
I will send you an email. Thanks for working with me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts