Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I often state that one of the best tools ever is an OBD-II reader.
Even better than that is a bluetooth version that allows one to get the codes and match them to diagnostics or common causes.
Further with some you can monitor and record data in real time.
(Mine is the Lemur BlueDriver which I don't hesitate to recommend, but I'd like to know if there are any better ones out there...)

With that said, what "latest tools" have you found that have made maintaining your Accord easier, quicker and of course my favourite: cheaper?

Any tools that are more specific to Accord (2018+ esp.)?

I am thinking of getting a cheap USB or bluetooth / smartphone based "bore scope" (which is really a camera and lights on the end of a flexible stick).
Any recommendations on brand/model?

·
Cruising in Montana
3,975 Posts
One thing I like is a computer program/phone app called OBD2 Auto Doctor. It takes your OBD2 reader data and puts it on the screen. I prefer the laptop due to it's larger screen. The program can use Bluetooth and/or WiFi-capable readers, which if you have a Bluetooth reader, you can still get online on the laptop via Wi-Fi and find out more about the various codes your car has. It also graphs & logs stuff.

Borescopes aren't quite 'there' yet. The megapixels, that is. Even in focus, there's not quite enough detail.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One thing I like is a computer program/phone app called OBD2 Auto Doctor. It takes your OBD2 reader data and puts it on the screen. I prefer the laptop due to it's larger screen. The program can use Bluetooth and/or WiFi-capable readers, which if you have a Bluetooth reader, you can still get online on the laptop via Wi-Fi and find out more about the various codes your car has. It also graphs & logs stuff.
Doesn't seem to support my BlueDriver, alas. The BlueDriver can also be used on an iPad for larger views. So there's that. And with the BD app I get all sorts of graphs, recordings, diagnostics, etc. and so on. Would be nice to have "more" as long as "more" doesn't include another OBD device.

Borescopes aren't quite 'there' yet. The megapixels, that is. Even in focus, there's not quite enough detail.
Thanks. I have seen some nice shots online, but I'll be careful on that point. I'm not looking for steel crystal grain structure, however... there is quite a spread of price points, safe to assume the cheapest Chinesium is not what I'm looking for.

·
Cruising in Montana
3,975 Posts
Here's a post with some shots from my "Chinesium" :) borescope.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^Possibly adequate for what I need. Hmm? What do I need? I want it just so I can peek into hard to observe places. Possibly to inspect my intake valves at some point down the line. Possibly to inspect the piston tops (as you did). And who knows what else.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts