Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I was driving earlier and all of a sudden the lights came on...btw, I do not have the LDW option on. I pulled aside after and shut off the engine for about 10 seconds and turned it back on but it didn't go away. Anyways, I drove to the mall and came back out and started it, and it went away.

I know I can go to the dealership but since the light isn't on anymore, they probably gonna say they can't replicate it and it'll just waste my time. I'll wait and see if it happens again before going to them, but my question is, has it happen to anyone else?

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I want to know how you took that pic without getting into an accident. Also, I looked in the owner's manual and that big warning in the speedometer screen doesn't appear in the manual. I would think that a warning that large would be in the manual.

·
Puts Ketchup on Steak
632 Posts
I want to know how you took that pic without getting into an accident.
Word.
Also, I looked in the owner's manual and that big warning in the speedometer screen doesn't appear in the manual. I would think that a warning that large would be in the manual.
And since he does have a picture of it, it would be worth showing the service department. Even if they can't replicate it, they should be able to research it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Only warning I've had for the LDW, was when the ACC radar was covered with snow and slush. Basically says that the sensor is obstructed. Never seen this one though. I thought the LDW worked with a camera on the rear view mirror, not the radar for the ACC. Have you had your windshield changed lately?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I snapped the picture right after the light came on with barely anyone on the highway, it's New Year's Day so everyone is prob at home and hungover.

And I think the screen is different on the Touring model than the rest because of the ACC settings. For instance, it would flash in bold orange letters to BRAKE when the FCW is activated.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Only warning I've had for the LDW, was when the ACC radar was covered with snow and slush. Basically says that the sensor is obstructed. Never seen this one though. I thought the LDW worked with a camera on the rear view mirror, not the radar for the ACC. Have you had your windshield changed lately?
It's the original windshield and the car is pretty clean since I washed it last week and it hasn't touched rain nor snow.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I found this on page 79 of the online (PDF) Owner's Manual.

Just like the other poster, I've had the warning come on for a dirty radar sensor from slush. I've also had the ACC fritz-out and immediately shut "off" upon trying to engage it, and had the backup camera come on without guidelines or the ability to select views (just last night). Both of the latter incidents have occurred exactly one time apiece and at separate times, and in both cases, restarting ("rebooting") the car cured the problem. Just something to mention to the dealer at oil-change # 1!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UPDATE: The FCW/LDW Camera was replaced

I had the warning problem light go off maybe once every other month until these past two weeks where it would go off twice a day.

I made an appointment with Honda last week and brought my car in; while driving there, the light came on but I shut off the engine after I parked the car. Honda plugged in their computer to see if there was a code but no codes were found. I was told the next time the warning lights came on, just drive straight to the dealership and don't shut off the engine so they can see the warning light and plug their computer in. The next day I pulled out of my driveway and drove right pass my house and the warning light popped up again so straight to the dealership I went. A code was found (U3000-49-FCW/LDW Camera Malfunction) so the FCW/LDW Camera had to be replaced (part# 36150-T2A-A05 that retails for $645.95...good thing for warranty).

They had to order the part so it took 2 days and I just had the camera swapped out today. It took 3 hours because they had to aim the camera again. I drove it home from the dealership and no lights popped up, hopefully they fixed it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts