Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone Leasing a Touring. Just wondering what some of you lease payments are for leases with no money down? Thanks

·
Registered
341 Posts
Different markets/regions have different deals.

Have you called Honda dealers near you and asked them the lease payments would be?

It doesn't matter what other people around the country are paying. Your local dealer(s), the market in your area of the country, and the regional incentives/specials are what matters.

Call your local dealers and ask... and be careful to ask about extra fees they might charge. Some dealers advertise low lease rates- but then tack on extra fees.

I'd contact a few dealers and have them run the numbers for you and see what makes the most sense financially. Not to sound harsh, but many dealers might laugh at you if you propose driving off in a $36,000 (MSRP) car with no money down. If you have excellent credit... maybe... If you have less than perfect credit... that might be something that poses a challenge.

Your lease payment is likely going to be around $400/month or even higher. That's about the same as a 5yr finance payment on an EXL or Sport 2.0t model with a grand or two down... and after 5 years you own it. Some people prefer to lease though- and that's fine too.

Call your dealers and ask... and let us know.

Reactions: overlord

·
8th Gen Believer
4,159 Posts
Cars are leased at full retail value. Your payment is partly based on the residual value of the car at lease end. That number is going to be a percent, so let's say you're leasing a $30k car and it's residual value in 36 months is $15k, obviously 50%. (the dealer will sell it for $18k) You're not going to lease anything without putting up some cash. A lease is so easy for a dealer to inflate, I don't recommend it.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Cars are leased at full retail value. Your payment is partly based on the residual value of the car at lease end. That number is going to be a percent, so let's say you're leasing a $30k car and it's residual value in 36 months is $15k, obviously 50%. (the dealer will sell it for $18k) You're not going to lease anything without putting up some cash. A lease is so easy for a dealer to inflate, I don't recommend it.
I agree with a lot of what you say here- except for the part that says that it's impossible to lease with no money down.

I originally leased my 2016 Accord with no money down. I'm usually a Toyota guy, but the Toyota dealer wasn't negotiating much on 2016 Camrys at the time- so I investigated the Honda dealer across the street. I had never owned a Honda before, so I wasn't sure that I'd be willing to own one for the long haul- so I leased it with the option to buy it out if I ended up liking it (I did like it and ended up buying out the lease before it was even up). The dealer offered a $225/month lease with no money down, other than the fees that they add to every transaction- like for plates and the stupid "service fee" that every freakin' dealer in SE Wisconsin adds on and refuses to budge on. I think I had to pay $500 in terms of the fees- but didn't have to put any money down on the car itself.

It actually was a decent deal- no money down, $225/month for 36 months with a $13,000 buyout after thirteen years. All added up, it was a total of $21,100 including buyout cost for a car that had an MSRP of $25k.

I think it really depends on your credit score and the price range you are looking at. I'm not sure if a dealer would offer a no-money down lease on a car with an MSRP of over $37,000 unless you had a really high credit score.

Right now one of my local dealers is advertising a new 2020 LX for $229/month with no money down. Here's a screenshot of their offer:

Again- the OP should look closely at the finance rate that they might qualify for. Leasing makes sense for some people, but with such low interest rates, usually it makes more sense to finance right now rather than lease. Honda's finance rate is pretty low right now- I got .09% financing on my 2019 Accord. Honda is advertising 1.9% on 2020 Accords... but some of my local dealers are offering even lower than that. If you wait a month or two, you likely could get near-zero cost financing.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Cars are leased at full retail value.
Completely, 100% false. I leased my last two cars at an average of $4-5k off sticker. You start from the negotiated price, then subtract residual value, then factor in fees, sales tax, and interest (money factor), and you have your payment. If the dealer told you that there's no negotiating on MSRP for a lease, you can be sure there were high fives all over the place and drinks for everyone after you left with your new car.

Lease ads on manufacturer websites are seldom really good deals. Spend a few minutes on a site like leasehackr, then try to get something close to what they're accomplishing there. Location matters, so keep that in mind.

Make sure you really want a Honda. They don't lease well, generally speaking, because Honda drags their feet on providing lease support (inflating residuals, lowering money factors, providing lease cash, etc.). Acuras lease better, and you may want to check out the new TLX and compare leases on the two before making a decision.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts