Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This car has more features, gadgets, than any car I have owned. After three months I have figured out most of them. Some members have owned their 9th generation Accords for a year. Are there any features that came with your trim level that you don't use, are poorly designed or you don't like?

We can all think of things we wish for but don't have. I am curious about features that we have not ones we wish we had.

·
2013 Honda Accord EX-L
72 Posts
The center console pocket, least useful in my opinion. It's awkward to store things in, you blindly reach for items inside. I took mine out and in its place installed an equalizer for the stereo.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The center console pocket, least useful in my opinion. It's awkward to store things in, you blindly reach for items inside. I took mine out and in its place installed an equalizer for the stereo.

I assume you mean the compartment under the air conditioning controls with the cover.

·
Registered
29 Posts
For me its the lane departure warning that i find useless. I wish they could have put in mirrors that flip down to show the curb when reversing... Another feature i wish they could put in is the rain sensing wipers.

·
Registered
288 Posts
The Eco button

·
Luv2Drum
119 Posts
Non-believer in the Eco button myself.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For me its the lane departure warning that i find useless. I wish they could have put in mirrors that flip down to show the curb when reversing... Another feature i wish they could put in is the rain sensing wipers.
It does have auto headlights on when you use your wipers. I don't understand what you mean by mirrors that flip down to show the curb? You want more features that others may find useless.

·
Registered
288 Posts
It does have auto headlights on when you use your wipers. I don't understand what you mean by mirrors that flip down to show the curb? You want more features that others may find useless.
He means the mirror tilts down when you reverse, usually the passenger side mirror which is actually really useful and I do wish that this car had it as i'm so used to having it on my other cars.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Automatically tilts the side mirrors down when you put in reverse. Like the crosstour.

To OP: ECO Button

·
Rhymes with **** & Quick
1,314 Posts
LDW is completely useless, though it is no worse than anyone else's LDW. If you need to rely on LDW, you shouldn't be driving at all. Jeez.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Automatically tilts the side mirrors down when you put in reverse. Like the crosstour.

To OP: ECO Button

I didn't know that feature even existed. I would not use it because I can't remember the last time I parallel parked my car. I had to look up on the internet how to do it when I taught my son to drive earlier this year. :yes:

·
Registered
1,064 Posts

Interesting - I like the compartment as that's where I store my iPod which I leave connected all the time. The lid hides the iPod and the cable only runs a short distance into the USB slot.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
This car has more features, gadgets, than any car I have owned. After three months I have figured out most of them. Some members have owned their 9th generation Accords for a year. Are there any features that came with your trim level that you don't use, are poorly designed or you don't like?

We can all think of things we wish for but don't have. I am curious about features that we have not ones we wish we had.
Had mine for over a year and really the only things I find poorly designed are the drivers side multi-mirror and the lack of adjustment on the sound level for the collision warning beep - would be nice to make it louder.

I turned off the lane departure warning after a few months - so I guess that's a bust too.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Interesting - I like the compartment as that's where I store my iPod which I leave connected all the time. The lid hides the iPod and the cable only runs a short distance into the USB slot.
I did the same as you. I bought a short, 8" black cable, which is not intrusive looking. My 2nd generation iPod Touch has found new lease on life in my Accord.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The Eco button
Non-believer in the Eco button myself.
For me the Jury is still out. I am alternately using the Econ button or not on each fill up. I am keeping a record on Fuelly.com to see if there is enough difference to make it worthwhile to use all the time.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
I didn't know that feature even existed. I would not use it because I can't remember the last time I parallel parked my car. I had to look up on the internet how to do it when I taught my son to drive earlier this year. :yes:
The tilt down mirror is only good for parking next to a curb. But it will get annoying/useless for every other backing up to park

·
Rhymes with **** & Quick
1,314 Posts
I haven't used the ECO button in several months. No dip in MPG per my own record keeping.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'd say the most useless features are lane departure warning, econ button, and hill hold or whatever it's called.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts