Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 2010 Accord EX-L V6 2 weeks ago for the wife and it's White diamond pearl with ivory interior.

Wife showed me the driver's seat had a light blue area on the sides of the seat and it's coming from her jeans.
I cleaned it off with leather cleaner last week, a week later the same thing happens.
This isn't just new jeans that's causing this.

Will using leather conditior slow down or stop the transfer of the blue color from the jeans to the seat?

·
Super Moderator
3,434 Posts
Try using Lexol cleaner followed by the conditioner. It lightened the stains in my 08's ivory interior but I was never quite able to completely remove them. Not only did jeans stain but I had a brown/black scuff mark on the driver's seat from where my belt would touch the seat.

·
"Life In The Slow Lane"
2,111 Posts
The secret is to wear ivory colored pants only :naughty:
I have the same problem :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try using Lexol cleaner followed by the conditioner. It lightened the stains in my 08's ivory interior but I was never quite able to completely remove them. Not only did jeans stain but I had a brown/black scuff mark on the driver's seat from where my belt would touch the seat.
That's what I've been using, the Lexol cleaner works well, have not tried the conditioner yet.

·
Registered
386 Posts
:lmao:I drive with no pants so problem solved

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Applied Rain-X on all the windows and cleaned the driver's seat again and used the conditior, she took the car for a run to a store.

Let's see how it goes this time...

·
Old Bird...sometimes wise
13,917 Posts
Woolite & water @ a 6 to 1 dilution will clean the stains. A soft bristled brush may be required. Other than seat covers I don't know of anything that will stop the staining.

·
Low Gear
2,935 Posts
Seat covers for the win!
I read about this same issume on (09+) Pilots, when decided on an Odyssey. It seems to be a common (Honda) problem now with cheaper seating material they call leather. It also only seems to happen with that color.

Cover is the only way to go, because it just won't come off, or come back. Sorry.

·
2008 Acura TL-S
705 Posts
I read about this same issume on (09+) Pilots, when decided on an Odyssey. It seems to be a common (Honda) problem now with cheaper seating material they call leather. It also only seems to happen with that color.

Cover is the only way to go, because it just won't come off, or come back. Sorry.
Yep. Glad I have grey on my '04. Hides everything quite well. I have seat covers on my '04 and the seats, while some very minor and slight creasing, look very good for their age. I have the seats redone (i.e. the creases filled in with a special polymer) every two years.

·
Registered
86 Posts
hey I just got a white 2010 honda accord coupe v6 w/ Navi with Ivory leather interior and i know its going to sound weird but the basic soap and water and a microfiber towel will do the job of getting that jean stain out and it wont ruin the dye on the leather..

·
"Life In The Slow Lane"
2,111 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,434 Posts
^^^

Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where George brought the book into the bathroom with him at the book store and tried to put it back on the shelf.

:D

·
Registered
171 Posts
I just cleaned my seats. My wife usually sits in the passenger and the leather cleaner (Meguiar's) did a pretty good job in cleaning things off. BUT...my wife is an amazon and it seems she wears the seat, but in a good way :naughty:, so her clothes colors tend to bleed quite often.:thumbsdow

So, I'm thinking seat covers as well.

I seriously think Honda uses a low-grade leather, not a sturdy leather, hence the repeat problem on color bleeding off on the seats so often. A sturdier, high-grade leather takes longer to absorb colors than the stuff that's in the Hondas nowadays. Really, the headrests seem to have better leather than the seat itself.:dunno:

Dern red sport tops...:rant:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts