Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 461 Posts

·
Proud of my Accord
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP!!!!

Does anyone have information on a leather shifter/shift knob for the Accord????

I personally do not like the rubber shift knob and park brake. Any ideas or suggestions on fixing these??? :dunno:

·
Banned
161 Posts
PM Jamiejam01 i think, he has done it to his show car and will be able to tell you much more than I or most of us here. He is sponsored by Soundstream & is probably at some CES show as we type....

·
Juzt_a_J-series
399 Posts
i think the inspire comes with it, awhile back someone here bought it for his AT and i believe it didnt screw on all the way or something like that.

·
Banned
161 Posts

·
Proud of my Accord
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Proud of my Accord
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is something i chopped

OK bruceleroy I will bite.........I know from some of your other posts & pictures that you are somewhat of Photoshop Pro/Photographer!! So.......not sure if this is the real deal, however if you do in fact have real woven leather gear shifter and park brake.......how did you come about these??? :naughty:

Not a fan of the red stitching though.

·
Banned
2,719 Posts
well that parking brake is prolly just a leather slip on cover with red stitching. For the gear shifter i have no clue

·
Proud of my Accord
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone else have ideas?? Thought??

·
08 Accord V6 Coupe w/ NAV
2,322 Posts

·
Banned
2,719 Posts
you know what i just noticed. it looks like the dimensions for around the shifter area is the same for manual and automatic. i wonder if i can buy the ring piece and boot for the manual and put it in place for the automatic. So that my auto shifter will have a boot, i dont care for the letters that are currently there because i look at the speedo anyways when i shift. Any thoughts?

·
Proud of my Accord
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Any thoughts guys??

I am looking into the 2009 TSX shifter and boot. LOOKS SWEET!! It looks as though it will fit and work fine! I do not see why not.

·
I snapped my G string....
2,416 Posts
I am thinking of going with the TSX shift know and the Accord leather boot, just because i think it will fit better and look more OEM......

·
Proud of my Accord
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Banned
2,719 Posts

·
Proud of my Accord
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
that looks really nice i dig it, doe that auction come with the boot? if so sold
I emailed the guy and asked that specific question.........asking if he would throw it in :naughty: !!! Not sure if he would go for it....worth a try.

Yeah.....it is a little pricey.....still trying to convince myself (will be tougher to convince my wife!!) We will see!

I think that it would be a nice addition to the car!

·
New moddin' canvas
617 Posts
you know what i just noticed. it looks like the dimensions for around the shifter area is the same for manual and automatic.
My thoughts exactly. I currently have my car torn all apart so I was planning on going to the dealer to see what I could match up.

I do like the TSX shifter. Otherwise I was just going to go to the MOMO dealer. MOMO makes a shifter and parking brake boot. But I do like the TSX shifter better.

·
Banned
2,719 Posts
I emailed the guy and asked that specific question.........asking if he would throw it in :naughty: !!! Not sure if he would go for it....worth a try.

Yeah.....it is a little pricey.....still trying to convince myself (will be tougher to convince my wife!!) We will see!

I think that it would be a nice addition to the car!
yea i just PMed him

·
Registered
182 Posts
1 - 20 of 461 Posts