Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

441 - 460 of 461 Posts

·
3 sTaRs ANd sUn...1 Lov3
335 Posts

·
3 sTaRs ANd sUn...1 Lov3
335 Posts
can sum1 post a diy on changing shift knobs?

·
Registered
747 Posts
are you referring to the removal and installation of just the shift knob or along with the boot?

·
Registered
208 Posts
For 2008 Automatic ... Remove the black pop out piece on the front of the knob by inserting a small flat tip screw driver on one side and pry off gently. Once the piece is off there are 2 screws that hold the knob on. Remove the 2screws and slide the knob up & off. Here is a pic of the knob with pop off piece removed you can see where the 2 screws go into the knob.

·
3 sTaRs ANd sUn...1 Lov3
335 Posts
are you referring to the removal and installation of just the shift knob or along with the boot?
i wanted to install the acura mdx shift knob.

·
Registered
279 Posts
:banana: Thanks to dexterdog I have completed my shift knob retrofit! :thmsup: thanks alot for the effort to making it work. Cost me ~50 dollars to do the install but i had to purchase a rotary tool lol...but i am very happy with the outcome. I used the automatic shift boot from the tsx here unlike what dexterdog chose to do.

Here are a couple of pics, enjoy!

Damn, that is beautiful.

·
Registered
747 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts

·
Honda Owner Since '98
37 Posts
Uh, am I alone in thinking that Acura shift knob looks hideous? Especially with a boot around it. The Crosstour is the way to go IMO

·
Registered
625 Posts
Uh, am I alone in thinking that Acura shift knob looks hideous? Especially with a boot around it. The Crosstour is the way to go IMO
it's probably just u. tsx shift knob looks way better.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Just so you know, that is the crosstour shift knob not the tsx shift knob.
To me Acura likes to make Phallic knobs.

Also you have been bumping your thread way too many times. :headbash:

·
Wisdom Born of Age
1,750 Posts
^ +1

·
Registered
747 Posts
Also you have been bumping your thread way too many times. :headbash:
? When did I bump my thread? I bumped once when I was selling two knobs. People ask questions, I answer it. If you can prove me wrong prior besides the one time I bumped for selling the two knobs, I'll agree to it. You do realize this thread is about 3.5 years old, and I did my mod in 2009. So please don't tell me I bump my threads for no reason...

·
Honda Owner Since '98
37 Posts
Just picked up my Crosstour shift knob. And I dont even have leather interior. lol. It just feels better on the hand. I plan on swapping out the steering wheel for a leather wrapped one soon, so at least they will match.

441 - 460 of 461 Posts