Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Leather Shift Knob for AT (Automatic)

106K views 460 replies 63 participants last post by  2010accordv6 
#1 ·
HELP!!!!

Does anyone have information on a leather shifter/shift knob for the Accord????

I personally do not like the rubber shift knob and park brake. Any ideas or suggestions on fixing these??? :dunno:

#2 ·
PM Jamiejam01 i think, he has done it to his show car and will be able to tell you much more than I or most of us here. He is sponsored by Soundstream & is probably at some CES show as we type....

#4 ·
#5 ·
#7 ·
OK bruceleroy I will bite.........I know from some of your other posts & pictures that you are somewhat of Photoshop Pro/Photographer!! So.......not sure if this is the real deal, however if you do in fact have real woven leather gear shifter and park brake.......how did you come about these??? :naughty:

Not a fan of the red stitching though.

#10 ·
#11 ·
you know what i just noticed. it looks like the dimensions for around the shifter area is the same for manual and automatic. i wonder if i can buy the ring piece and boot for the manual and put it in place for the automatic. So that my auto shifter will have a boot, i dont care for the letters that are currently there because i look at the speedo anyways when i shift. Any thoughts?

#13 ·
I am thinking of going with the TSX shift know and the Accord leather boot, just because i think it will fit better and look more OEM......

#14 ·
#17 ·
you know what i just noticed. it looks like the dimensions for around the shifter area is the same for manual and automatic.
My thoughts exactly. I currently have my car torn all apart so I was planning on going to the dealer to see what I could match up.

I do like the TSX shifter. Otherwise I was just going to go to the MOMO dealer. MOMO makes a shifter and parking brake boot. But I do like the TSX shifter better.

#25 ·
I have not heard back from the guy off Ebay that is selling the 09 TSX shifter. Hopefully, I will get some info soon. I will let everyone know something.

Would a few of you guys like to try and get some sort of group buy?? Not sure how to work that out. Anyone have any suggestions??? Anyone with contacts in an Acura Dealership that could get these parts for a cheaper price????

#26 ·
#27 ·
Sweet find man!!! That boot is pretty inexpensive....too bad I cannot find the knob for cheaper than $95!

If I could get it for around $50 I would buy that SOB! :banana::banana::banana:

I am going to keep looking for a better price. Thanks again!!!

#29 ·

i believe you pop off the button to get to 2 screws.

#32 ·
Glad to see the interest in getting rid of that freakin horrible looking AT shifter!!!

I will not know until I get the parts in hand, but I really do not think it will be a difficult retrofit. The boot is the only concern....I am sure it will not be difficult though.....tricky yeah.

I have been looking at the TSX shifter for a couple of days now and it looks soooooo good. Would be a nice change on the Accord. :thmsup:

Ebay guy still has not emailed me back. I think I am going to take what (AznX TL) found and get something online. If you guys research and find a good price for the shifter and boot.....PLEASE PM me and place on this thread!! Thanks guys!!

#33 ·
I never noticed how much of an eyesore those AT shifters are until I read this post... ugh Honda just makes u feel more n more shitty each day... coupe owners get stock projectors, same FCC ID as the TSX... sedan!? the gas mileage isnt even in our favor anymore... it just isnt fair :dunno:

#34 ·
yea that might be true also, anywhere we can just buy the frame around the shifter and boot for a manual accord.
A little update. I purchased the manual boot and surround from the Honda dealer today. I hope to have it either by the weekend or next week. I will post up when I get it. The only thing that I worry about is the attachment. It screws to the underside of the center console and I don't know if the AT console has the mounting points. I might have to glue the boot to the console.

#36 ·
I'll take pics. I am not exactly sure how the shifter comes apart. I'll figure it out when I go pic up the boot.

I will probably have my wife modify the boot for the shorter shifter. I might just have her sew me up a new boot so the install might take a little longer.

#37 ·
i am confused, where is it not fitting? do you have an automatic or manual?

shit guys i am very interested in this, if it works i dont care ill spend 100$ on it, i hate the stock shifter, its too big, too ugly.

keep us updated

#38 ·
I have been a little side-tracked....therefore I have not had time to evaluate this anymore. Now, I am waiting to see what dexterdog comes up with!!

Looking forward to seeing pictures!! I really cannot stand the stock shifter.......everyday I drive the car it drives me nuts!!

#39 ·
i actually like your stock shifters.....way better than the old school automatic knobs with the button on the side.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.