Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey DA,

I have been throwing the idea around of swapping out my 6-6 Shift Knob with an all leather knob. I have been looking around and cannot find any shift knob that I like except for one; but this one has a problem with it... It's for a BMW M3 (See Link)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-M-Leath...Parts_Accessories&hash=item338a6c02b9&vxp=mtr

I am not usually one for buying things on Ebay, so if this were to even work, I would probably scour out a BMW forum to get second input on it.

Here is my question:

Is the screw that is holding the shift knob on something that would be universal? Would this BMW shift knob be a PnP for example? If not then it throws my entire idea out the window. I only look at this one because I have driving experience with it as my uncle owned an E46 M3 Coupe and it is a really nice knob (insert knob jokes here :D )

Another question:

Let's say it does work... I would like to remove the "///M" dealio and replace that with an "Accord" logo. I photoshopped something together to give you an idea of what I am talking about linked here.

And one final question

If you think this is a "ricy" look, then say so because I will drop it. That is not what I am going for and I trust the personality of this forum.

Thanks DA, I have not dedicated myself to any purchases at this time as I am still throwing the possibility around my brain. :thmsup:

·
Registered
385 Posts
does not look ricey at all but to be honest, it doesn't really look like leather. more pleather and more plasticy than leather.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
does not look ricey at all but to be honest, it doesn't really look like leather. more pleather and more plasticy than leather.
Ya, in the pictures it looks like that. From experience though I can confirm that it is real leather. Again, iffy Ebay items.

·
RIP my Acorn
566 Posts
I have a 2013 Accord leather knob that I use in the winter. Have you checked that one out? Wouldn't have to worry about the BMW logos and the incorrect shift pattern...

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a 2013 Accord leather knob that I use in the winter. Have you checked that one out? Wouldn't have to worry about the BMW logos and the incorrect shift pattern...
Well, if it works out the way I am hoping it would, then I would just remove the gear pattern period.

Mind posting a picture or a link of the particular knob you are talking about? I see a few when searching for "2013 Honda Accord shift knob"

·
BRWNFLSH now
6,677 Posts
I imagine it would look good, if done right. I wonder how it would look with a HFP emblem of some kind. $80 is a lot for a shift knob, if it doesn't turn out though.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I imagine it would look good, if done right. I wonder how it would look with a HFP emblem of some kind. $80 is a lot for a shift knob, if it doesn't turn out though.
Ya, BMW, what do you expect lol

I'm not sure about the HFP, let me try and see how that would look.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Little bit of modification needed
Hmm.. It's a little bulky for my taste. This is one of those things where I am at a loss because I know what I want, but I also don't know what I want. I've just been looking at all of these different shift knobs and waiting for one to just pop out at me.

·
Registered
385 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I saw this as well. To me that doesn't look like a manual shift knob.. It looks more like an automatic. Here's one from Momo I had looked at, but think I would still have a more premium leather feel instead of a mix/match.

http://www.momousa.com/tuning/shift-knobs/raceairleatheralum.html

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Auto Guide.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Hey DA,

I have been throwing the idea around of swapping out my 6-6 Shift Knob with an all leather knob. I have been looking around and cannot find any shift knob that I like except for one
I presume that you've already considered the TL knob and didn't care for it. Myself and a # of other people on the forum have installed it, but of course it's a matter of personal preference.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Yes. There should be a couple of threads about it on the forum if you want to see what it looks like on the Accord.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts