Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Retired G-Man
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anything that can be put on the leather steering wheel that increases the grip with ungloved hands?

I've never used a leather wheel that is so slick. I assume it's leather, covered with vinyl like the seats.

Even when wearing leather driving gloves there is very little improvement.

Do I have to wear football receivers' gloves, i.e., silicone palms, to get a good grip on this wheel?

·
05 Accord Coupe V6 6MT
11 Posts
Don't Armour All your steering wheel next time.

·
No PRND
583 Posts
Its a little slick but the steering is so light it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Is there anything that can be put on the leather steering wheel that increases the grip with ungloved hands?

I've never used a leather wheel that is so slick. I assume it's leather, covered with vinyl like the seats.

Do I have to wear football receivers' gloves, i.e., silicone palms, to get a good grip on this wheel?
This steering wheel is far from being slippery. You need stronger hands....

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
to me, this is the cheapest feeling leather steering wheel i have ever had. doesn't seem quality to me.
Must have been a bad herd of cows. :lmao:

·
Registered
133 Posts
I wish the steering wheel was like VW, nice and fat grip. Is there an alternative cover for the steering wheel for more grip?

·
Registered
234 Posts
I bought a perforated leather cover for my Accord off eBay, not for grip, but to keep my greasy grimy hands from ruining the stock leather. It adds a little girth, but it's not too bad. It looks pretty nice too, at least it's not ugly. It may add some grip too. The more I drive with it, the more I'm liking it.

Here's a link;

http://m.ebay.com/itm/261213193210?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1

And here's a pic of it installed

·
It's a Coupe or nothing
213 Posts

Try the old school resign steering wheels. We have become a bunch of complaining, sniveling little pussies'. My god, listen to yourself.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I have no complaints with the stock leather steering wheel. The one Bigswede bought looks very nice if you just can't stand the stock leather wheel. How much effort did it take to install?

·
Registered
519 Posts
FWIW, I laced up a www.wheelskins.com onto my car (not an Accord). Great mod, real leather, smells great, feels great.

I'd have a pro do the lacing though. Takes a good feel and experience. Mine turned out ok but with a couple bunched areas.

·
2013 Accord Sport 6MT MSM
98 Posts

This has been bothering me for the almost two months that I've owned the car. Your post inspired me to wipe it down with isopropyl alcohol. A little of the dark came off, but it seems much less slick.

Edit: Now that it's dried, it's slippery again. Well, at least it has been sanitized for my protection.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have no complaints with the stock leather steering wheel. The one Bigswede bought looks very nice if you just can't stand the stock leather wheel. How much effort did it take to install?
It wasn't too bad. It took about two hours for me to get it done. The hardest part is tightening up the seam once all the stitching has been done.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Would you like to buy my old plastic one? ;)

·
Banned
5,774 Posts
I have no problem gripping the steering wheel.

Someone suffering from the case of small lady-like hands?

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,062 Posts
Who wears "Driving gloves" to dry around in an accord?
I do. Specifically these:
Gloves are inconvenient to take on/off most of the time, which is why I only wear them when grip really matters....> 90 mph, 2 lane roads, road trips, etc. And they grip the wheel like it's glued to my hands.

·
Chocolate Lady
269 Posts
1 - 20 of 62 Posts