Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello DA,

been with you all for past 4 years. My 2011 accord coupe EX-L v6/with navi has been considered a total loss.

Now I am looking into a new car, plan on graduating this december with my bacherlors, continuing one more year for my masters. Few years after that I will be married, so I am thinking about getting a nice car right now so I wont have to worry about payments and new car once I am out of school

Options-->
1. Infiniti g37 S coupe?
2. BMW 335i twin turbo coupe?
3. BMW 6 series coupe?
4. Hyundai genesis?
5. Audi a5 coupe?

-----? Have any of you had a chance to have these vehicles? what are your thoughts?
My drive to my campus is about 50 miles going and coming till december for 3 days a week.

My budget is 23,000$ walk out price. Looking to also do cash at an auction if a vehicle comes up, talking to a friend right now who has an auction license. Give me some advice please DA!

Honda has treated me AMAZING these last 4 years, but I want to move on to something classier!

here are some of my hideous old pictures to some okay new pictures, thanks for the love DA

honda accord 1.jpg
securedownload (4).jpg 20130804_102135.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

1400216774625.jpg

IMG-20140516-WA0083.jpg

Snapchat--6294531222744262656_1417892402491.jpg 1400216776923.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0440.jpg

·
Registered
455 Posts
1. Infiniti g37 S coupe? not a bad choice, wife has a g35 and has been great for 215k mileage.

2. BMW 335i twin turbo coupe? could be a money pit for u.

3. BMW 6 series coupe? not my thing

4. Hyundai genesis? car has potential. i would be on the fence between this and the g37s

5. Audi a5 coupe? i like the direction audi is heading. but still not a fan of them yet.

i know it's above your price range, but the new mustangs gt's look sharp. i am in love with the porsche panamera. which is like a dream car for me.

·
Registered
409 Posts
A bunch of internet people won't be able to make your decision for you. Get what suits your needs/wants best.

I've had a BMW 330xi (not the same generation as the 335i) and have driven a buddy's A5 3.2. The BMW was a great car (great highway cruiser), but in the 2 years I had the car, I learned that regular maintenance on the BMW cost much more than what I had grown accustomed to with my Japanese cars. I think I spent $3000 on maintenance which included regular oil changes, a suspension overhaul due to broken rear spring, and 4 oxygen sensor replacements. Granted the car had higher miles than your normal used car (around 120,000 when I sold it), but expect it to cost you some money to maintain it.

The A5 was a great car, as well. Drove confidently on the highway, had lots of power, was very quiet. I'm not sure what it would cost in maintenance, but I can't imagine it'd be any cheaper than the BMW.

Infiniti's G37 seems like a nice enough car, but I've never driven one. I've had some experience in the older 350z (was not a fan), but, it's not the same thing.

The Genesis coupe, depending on the drivetrain, could be fun, but it's a grand tourer instead of the sports car that Hyundai is advertising it as. Be prepared for weird issues to crop up if you choose the turbo drivetrain. I've got a buddy who, IIRC, has had to have his downpipe replaced twice due to some strange manufacturing issue. Good thing for that 10 year/100,000 mile warranty.

·
Yes, I'm a girl.
1,649 Posts
Like @infinite012 said, Audi is going to be close to BMW as far as maintenance cost. I work at a dealer that also sells and services Audis... $100 oil change, and more for other things. I can't fault them for the looks or driveability, and they rarely do anything that will leave you stranded... but when something goes wrong (and it does... reliability isn't the same), it's going to cost you. Need front brakes done, that's around $700 or more. If you can do all the work yourself, that might be different.

·
HK Moderator
14,092 Posts
Hello DA,

Now I am looking into a new car, plan on graduating this december with my bacherlors, continuing one more year for my masters. Few years after that I will be married, so I am thinking about getting a nice car right now so I wont have to worry about payments and new car once I am out of school

Options-->
1. Infiniti g37 S coupe?
2. BMW 335i twin turbo coupe?
3. BMW 6 series coupe?
4. Hyundai genesis?
5. Audi a5 coupe?

Give me some advice please DA!

Honda has treated me AMAZING these last 4 years, but I want to move on to something classier!
So when you have class, you drive a Honda.

When you have NO CLASS, you will drive #'s 1-5, lol.....:)

Spend your money the way you see fit. My sister-in-law bought a 3 series in between undergrad and business school. She loved it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1. Infiniti g37 S coupe? not a bad choice, wife has a g35 and has been great for 215k mileage.

2. BMW 335i twin turbo coupe? could be a money pit for u.

3. BMW 6 series coupe? not my thing

4. Hyundai genesis? car has potential. i would be on the fence between this and the g37s

5. Audi a5 coupe? i like the direction audi is heading. but still not a fan of them yet.

i know it's above your price range, but the new mustangs gt's look sharp. i am in love with the porsche panamera. which is like a dream car for me.
With some research done, I can definitely tell that BMW is out of the option. Especially 335, it seems like everyone I have spoken to states that the car is made for problems. Do not buy unless you are looking at 2012 plus with warranty. OUT OF MY BUDGET

AUDI a5, with some research done I found it to be a 2.0L v4 with 220 HP with is insane coming from my honda with nearly 285 HP.

BMW 6 series has always been my dream car, but to be honest, nothing but 2007-2008 models are fitting my budget. I am not about to pay that much for an 8 year old car..

I think the most LOGICAL thing for me to do right now is look into g37s edition. Unless a 335 comes up with low low miles, and a good price but till then I think the g37s is a good thing to focus on right now

BROOO---> NEW MUSTANGS ARE INSANEEEEE holyyy so nice but man I really want something with a nice interior. I loved honda's navigation set up and I feel like infiniti and bmw can compete with honda's but not any american car

that's also why i do not want the hyundai, hate it from the interior.

Like @infinite012 said, Audi is going to be close to BMW as far as maintenance cost. I work at a dealer that also sells and services Audis... $100 oil change, and more for other things. I can't fault them for the looks or driveability, and they rarely do anything that will leave you stranded... but when something goes wrong (and it does... reliability isn't the same), it's going to cost you. Need front brakes done, that's around $700 or more. If you can do all the work yourself, that might be different.
And that is exactly what I cannot afford, especially doing small mods which I am sure I will be doing... I can't afford doing it to a beemer or audi.

I think infiniti is the best thing for me right now

oh and the supreme gas...

I keep thinking about beemer but then come to realization so this thread will be very hypocritical of me going back from beemer to infiniti

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
Based on your list I would vote Infiniti too.. best value and most reliable of the bunch IMO. I don't hold the Genesis in the same group as the others but if it's significantly less expensive that would be my second choice.

Make sure you try a 9th gen Accord Coupe V6... they are more powerful than your generation, may want to stick with Honda afterwards.

·
Blow The Carbon Out
190 Posts
Friend had a G37S until he got sideswiped by a chick texting in a parking lot. I think he loved that car more than his Evo X, Genesis 2.0T and the 350Z he drives now. They are good on power, gas mileage on on par for 300+ hp, super comfy and the sound they make is one of the best.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Out of the cars you've listed, I'd definitely go for the g37 coupe. Very attractive, plenty of power, and a pretty comfortable place to be.
Not gonna lie, I sometimes look at my local dealers to see if they have a g37 coupe available for me to check out Haha

·
Black Coupe v6 EX-L '12
49 Posts
Get a Truck

Id go with the Audi or 335i. Audis always caught my attention, always loved their faces. My cousin use to own the 335i traded it in for a m3. I use to drive his 335i and i may say that, that car is really amazing. Big step up from an accord. Neighbnor has a g37, feels like an Accord just quicker & obviously more Luxoruious. I dont know much about the Genesis but ive heard their Trans gives you problems & their check engine light comes on (just an error).

·
Running NYC
1,315 Posts
G37s.my friend has owned one as long as I've owned my Accord. I've driven it plenty and the only reason I don't have one is because I can't afford two cars at the moment. It's been reliable for him the car is fast! Specially if you start modding it. Like someone else said it is great on gas too! Do it do it!

·
Registered
807 Posts
One factor that keeps me driving Accords is that they have more room. Test driving the other "foreign" cars made me appreciate it more. BMW's always feel like the center tunnel is pushing against my right leg. In an Infinity I have to open the door to get to the seat controls.

·
Registered
169 Posts
One factor that keeps me driving Accords is that they have more room. Test driving the other "foreign" cars made me appreciate it more. BMW's always feel like the center tunnel is pushing against my right leg. In an Infinity I have to open the door to get to the seat controls.
This.

I seriously looked into trading my Accord in on a new vehicle last year but every car I test drove felt small and cramped in comparison. The 8th gen Accords have so much space inside its amazing.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
2010 Infiniti G37 Anniversary Edition in Gulf Freeway, TX- 11580444 at carmax.com

What do you guys feel about this deal and this car, this is the exact one I want with the body kit, IPL style seats,

cons to me-->
- price
- color

how far can an infiniti drive with no problem?

Also the fact that it is not a SPORT, I haven't been able to find any sports with automatic.

I am not a stick driver, never have and i really dont think i ever will be

·
Banned
885 Posts
I test drove all of those before I got my accord. the bang-for-the-buck made me pick the accord. almost 5 years of trouble-free ownership and I couldn't be happier with my decision.

·
Registered
228 Posts
2010 Infiniti G37 Anniversary Edition in Gulf Freeway, TX- 11580444 at carmax.com

What do you guys feel about this deal and this car, this is the exact one I want with the body kit, IPL style seats,

cons to me-->
- price
- color

how far can an infiniti drive with no problem?

Also the fact that it is not a SPORT, I haven't been able to find any sports with automatic.

I am not a stick driver, never have and i really dont think i ever will be
For $23k plus, I would much rather have a brand new car (that can buy you a lot of Accord) with a full warranty than a used car with 73k miles. However, it's your money so pay for what meets your priorities.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts