Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as the title states, I am picking up a 2014 White 4-Door LX tonight (from a Toyota dealership, of all places). Only has 12K miles on it.

I am sad to see the EX-L go, but to be honest, I can't deal with Black w/Black Leather - and I will certainly miss the sound system. Outside of that, I have always wanted an White 2014 Accord so I am finally jumping ship.

I went with the LX because all I really wanted was decent bluetooth and a backup camera which the LX has. The bluetooth on my 11 EX-L was crap - no audio streaming. Plus, the allow wheels are nice.

Thanks all for all the help with my (probably redundant) questions. I wont be far away - just one forum up!

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
I just did a similar switch this week, enjoy your new 9th gen.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I am enjoying it so far. Outside of the sound system, I really dont miss my old accord.

Never again will I own a black car...with black interior. NEVER.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congrats. I myself to have a black on black. N I hate it it attracts heat n you can't even breath especially in down south. But I really wanted manual and it was hella of a good price after talkin them down. They offer The ex-l white pearl with beige interior fully everything for the same price which the white had 10k But I turn it down because it was a v6 with shift paddles plus not good on gas. I'm old school n in love with i4. But I will change the color regardless in the future when it's paid off. But enjoye though..

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
When I was shopping for a 9th gen I came accross a loaded V6 Touring sedan with 8000kms on it... a 2014 and about $9000 cheaper than MSRP... they even gave me $1000 more on my trade than any other dealer... but it was black on black.... just couldn't do it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Same...Black on Black. Black is really the only interior that looks good with a black exterior, and I tolerated it in New Jersey, but while taking a Boot Camp course in Texas these past two months, I can't even touch the steering wheel when I get into the car until it cools off a bit, or I would part with some of my skin. I would pick a different color car if there is a next time.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I would have gotten a Genesis... Known fact since 2010 Honda has been putting less and less into their cars. Sure you get i4 CVT, or a 6sp auto V6.

But electronic steering, lack of double whishbone suspension, and a few missing things here and there that you once had in your 8th gen. If the electronic gizmos were not on the 9th gen, the car would show it's disappointments.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts