Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have searched high and low and can't find the answer. I have the 9005 LEDs for my DRL's and they work fine, dim on DRL and bright on high beam. I have seen several people getting them to stay on full power but the links they have provided are all dead. What harness is needed to get them to stay on full 12 volts as DRL's? And where can I find a set, when I google not much shows and I have seen a few on the IJDM site and on the Xenondepot site but not sure which one. Thanks for any leads!

2013 Orchid white pearl EX

·
?????
218 Posts
wouldn't that mean it would be in high beam mode all the time? would that have the same lighting angle as high beam if you have the drl on full power? resulting in blinding everyone during the day.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Didn't you just ask how to keep them on at full power? 12volts?

I answered your question on how to do it and now your talking about blinding people. Then just leave it how you have it. And if you have crappy ebay led bulbs in your high beams, believe me you wont be blinding anybody.

They will look ok in the daylight, hardly noticeable.

·
?????
218 Posts
Didn't you just ask how to keep them on at full power? 12volts?

I answered your question on how to do it and now your talking about blinding people. Then just leave it how you have it. And if you have crappy ebay led bulbs in your high beams, believe me you wont be blinding anybody.

They will look ok in the daylight, hardly noticeable.
lol i think you are talking to the OP here, but i was the one that asked the question about blinding people at full power.

·
Ballin' on a budget
424 Posts
lol i think you are talking to the OP here, but i was the one that asked the question about blinding people at full power.
I, along with my friends and other drivers, actually found even the "cheap" 68-SMD 9005 LED lights to glare too much at full voltage for use as DRL. I actually had people flash me on cloudy days and at night they were definitely far too bright since there is no cutoff.

Keep in mind that was for my 7th gen, but I can't see Honda changing the 9005 reflector bowl design too much.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I, along with my friends and other drivers, actually found even the "cheap" 68-SMD 9005 LED lights to glare too much at full voltage for use as DRL. I actually had people flash me on cloudy days and at night they were definitely far too bright since there is no cutoff.

Keep in mind that was for my 7th gen, but I can't see Honda changing the 9005 reflector bowl design too much.
Yeah the 2007 and the 2013 are almost identical right? :rofl:

·
Banned
5,773 Posts
LOL, that harness is not made to do what you are looking for.

A resistor isn't going to change your 6V output to 12V.

That harness is made to prevent your car from throwing codes or lights if you are running something with less wattage. Our cars don't even have a problem with this to begin with.

You got duped by a member giving out wrong information.

You need something like this if you want to do it the easy way for many people on here.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-Daytime...Parts_Accessories&hash=item53e92b1c59&vxp=mtr

Or you can just tap it directly into something that is constantly running at 12V when the car is on, which to me is the easiest way.

·
6MT JUNKIE
719 Posts
Well that did exactly nothing, no change with the harness. Nice harness though, well made but didn't do a thing to make the lights any brighter. Anyone else got any thoughts?

What LED's did u get?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LOL, that harness is not made to do what you are looking for.

A resistor isn't going to change your 6V output to 12V.

That harness is made to prevent your car from throwing codes or lights if you are running something with less wattage. Our cars don't even have a problem with this to begin with.

You got duped by a member giving out wrong information.

You need something like this if you want to do it the easy way for many people on here.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-Daytime...Parts_Accessories&hash=item53e92b1c59&vxp=mtr

Or you can just tap it directly into something that is constantly running at 12V when the car is on, which to me is the easiest way.
I questioned how increased resistance would increase voltage but with my limited understanding of electronics I figured for 12 bucks it was worth a shot.

·
6MT JUNKIE
719 Posts
Each 9005 HB3 H10 LED Light bulb contains 68 pieces of High Quality, Super Bright, Long Lasting 3-Chip 5050 SMD LED Chips. A great advantage of LED lights is that it has an average of 20000+ hours lifespan and it consumes less power as well.

These.
-.- ,...........they aren't bright to begin with.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Banned
5,773 Posts
Each 9005 HB3 H10 LED Light bulb contains 68 pieces of High Quality, Super Bright, Long Lasting 3-Chip 5050 SMD LED Chips. A great advantage of LED lights is that it has an average of 20000+ hours lifespan and it consumes less power as well.

These.
So you bought from someone (maybe JLC Lightings) who doesn't even know what *** *** they are selling.

There is no way a LED assembly that fits into a 9005 socket has 68 5050 chips.

And judging by the pictures. The LED doesn't even use 5050 emitters.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Personally, I wish Honda would have given us an on/off switch for the DRL, there is no law or requirement in the US that Automobiles have DRL. My main issues with DRL are:

1. DRL use lowers fuel mileage, higher wattage uses more fuel than lower wattage (LED's lower that even more), admittedly the decrease is about 1% but multiplied across millions of cars it is a significant amount of fuel.

2. DRL's were first mandated in Scandinavia where it is dark a large percentage of the time and DRL use in those countries where visibility is low due to low light and snow decreased accidents. In the US several studies have been done showing a small percentage of decline in certain types of vehicles, but the studies have been contradictory for Automobiles. The Highway Loss Data Institute study concluded vehicles equipped with DRLs were involved in more accidents than similar vehicles without DRLs.

3. All Motorcycles since 1978 have had the headlight (not DRL) on and DRL's in Automobiles has increased the risk of crashes for certain types of Motorcycle accidents, this was proven in a study done by the NHTSA.

4. The DRL on the all Accords except the ex-l V6 model (everyone wants to emulate Audi!) are not good looking with the low voltage "glow".

I am all for customizing your car and the neat thing to do is to have LED's like the higher end cars, but all these are style, not to much to do with safety. To each his own, I just wish Honda gave us the choice and installed an on /off switch. I'll get off my soapbox now.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts