Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
It look good but its not bright. My can't has them. Said he regrets putting them in since he can't use his high beams anymore. But it looks great for DRL

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
9005 is for high beams. and DRL for 06-07. im assuming you want low beams and you want brighter as in visibility. LEDs would be worse than halogens visibility wise. look into brighter halogens (i have tried the philips xtreme power bulbs and i thought they were decent) or retrofit projectors with HIDs. you CAN put HIDs in your reflectors but is going to be highly frowned at on the forums here. low beams are 9006 bulbs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry guys. I need 9006 (lowbeam) not 9005(highbeam). The conclusion is it's not as bright but it will look cool right?

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Yes... Seriously, you won't see jack. why don't you just get HID retrofits. Its one of the best bang for the buck and it improves safety like 10000000000 times cuz you can see where your going

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
Sorry guys. I need 9006 (lowbeam) not 9005(highbeam). The conclusion is it's not as bright but it will look cool right?
It might look cool as DRL, but certainly won't function worth jack for the low beam when you actually need them to illuminate the road in front of you in order to actually see something up ahead, that being the whole point of headlights in the first place..........

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
you CAN put HIDs in your reflectors but is going to be highly frowned at on the forums here.
He will also piss off every other driver on the road with the blinding glaring light, as well as produce an improper beam pattern. It is also illegal too. I wonder why most people here thinking buying crap from Hong Kong/China is a great idea.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
He will also piss off every other driver on the road with the blinding glaring light, as well as produce an improper beam pattern. It is also illegal too. I wonder why most people here thinking buying crap from Hong Kong/China is a great idea.
just bought splash guards from hong kong. heh. still waiting for it to arrive..

·
-Gene
656 Posts
it improves safety like 10000000000 times cuz you can see where your going
+1 i dont have a retro yet and sometimes i feel like my lights arent even on. lol

·
Registered
39 Posts
you want to see in the dark, have some Vitamin A. You guys act like the stock lights aren't good enough. They were designed for one purpose, and that is for you to drive at night. Do you think that the designers were incompetent?? Anyway, I have retros installed but it definitely wasn't for visibility but if you've been on an all coffee diet and you can't see when it's not daylight, I guess it would be an improvement.

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
I came from a 10 year old 1996 Integra when I bought the 2 year old 2005 Accord, I noticed immediately how poor the Accord OEM headlight performance is at night compared to the 10 year old mid-1990' Integra on original headlight housing that surely have deterioted somewhat over time.

Something isn't right when a 10 year technical generation gap resulted in a LESS lighting performance...........

·
Registered
312 Posts
you want to see in the dark, have some Vitamin A. You guys act like the stock lights aren't good enough. They were designed for one purpose, and that is for you to drive at night. Do you think that the designers were incompetent?? Anyway, I have retros installed but it definitely wasn't for visibility but if you've been on an all coffee diet and you can't see when it's not daylight, I guess it would be an improvement.
A friend of mine has a Mazda MPV from the mid 90s with a clear and defined ECE cutoff. I was shocked because it had a fluted lens. It was quite an disappointment to find my more modern Accord had a terrible beam pattern.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What temp color should I take to have best visibility (6000, 8000 or 10K)?
I see lots of options on ebay, what is the good one?
Thanks

·
'06 Coupe EX V6/6MT
1,603 Posts
What temp color should I take to have best visibility (6000, 8000 or 10K)?
I see lots of options on ebay, what is the good one?
Thanks
More people pick THOSE temps for the color - more blueish, up to violet.

As Avio mentioned, you want something more like 4300k - this is a warm white, and the color that is most commonly used by OEMs. 5000k is also good output, and pure white in color. As you get higher in temperature, the more the color varies from white, and the lower light output you get.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts